F2-8500cl5d-4gbpk + giga ep45-ud3p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-4gbpk + giga ep45-ud3p

I can't get both sticks to work stable ,only 1 stick will work right.I've tested each stick with memtest for 3 hr's no errors.System will boot but fails under load using both sticks" 4GB" in both channels 1,3 or 2,4 doesn't matter.However 1 2GB stick works fine i've been using just 2GB for six months now @ 5-5-5-15 2.1 volts , 533MHz. With both sticks iv'e tried low default settings of 1.8 volts and 2.0 volts didn't help.Thanks for any help or "support" would be great.

Q9400.2.67MHz _GiGABYTE EP45-UD3P_Arctic7cooler_ F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK gskill @1066 2.1V_750W P&C_XFX 1GB HD 4890_640cavBlk_23"acer 1080p_Lian-Li K7B_XP pro sp3
    Last edited by pliskin28; 10-27-2009, 01:53 AM.

Do you have command rate at 2T? Do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo? tRFC should prob be about 64.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CMD-0,CAS-5,TRCD-7,trp-7,tras-20,trfc-68,trrd-4,twtr-4,twr-8,trtp-4 .The bios update didn't say anything about memory fix.I downloaded it to a file but haven't tried installing it yet ,hate to mess things up worse.I would send you pics of bios if i new how.lol I'm using AWARD F6 bios now.

Comment

Manually set your base timings to 5-5-5-15, voltage to 2.1, speed to 1066 (533) and command rate to 2T.
        Try tRFC at auto, if no good, then manuall set tRFC to 64.

Also ensure you have the latest mobo BIOS.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok i set the timings to what you said ,i have to update bios though.I play'd a driving game called GRID for 30 min. with no problems ,but the Far cry 2 Benchmark crashed .How do you recommend updating bios ?I downloaded it to a file on c drive, i'm gonna use the GA utility @BIOS.

Comment

I'll knock on wood first, but I haven't ever had a problem with any of BIOS updates methods - one thing to remember though, make sure before you run the update you have already set the BIOS to it's optimum default settings......having a manually tuned up BIOS loaded and then running the update can get really weird.

Tman

Comment

I don't need to screw up my bios ,its not related at all to the update.
              Last edited by pliskin28; 10-29-2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Gigabyte said it's got nothing to do with the Bios update,it's bad RAM.How many months do i have to fight this stuff untill i get a refund.Its been 8 months now ,never worked .Whats the point of a lifetime warranty if nobody gives you a phone # or makes it right when it dont work.Can you mail me a matching set that works together i'm really tired of wearing out my board changing this ram every week.It can't be good to keep crashing my system for lousy 50.00 memory that don't work right.lol give me break already if it was a car nobody would by it.I mean really this is ridiculous.please i'm tired !

Comment

The BIOS would be best, but you can also raise the tRFC another 2 clicks, raise the DRAM voltage .05 and raise your vCore ..07 or so

Tman

Comment

why does 1 2GB stick work on any setting i use ,using 2x 2 is like finding the holy grail "impossible"maybe i just got a bad stick that only fails under under load i think.Can i get a replacement?whats a phone # i can call ?Is their support for Gskill memory other than this? What about the other bios settings like turbo or standard ?have you used my bios ?or my board ?the trfc was at 68 and i lowerd to 64 for u already .How does gskill test their memory maybe i got a bad stick?
                    Last edited by pliskin28; 10-30-2009, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Why doesn't gskill warn us that their memory does'nt work right with these Boards? I keep seeing the same problems asked it's not like you guys don't no whats goin on?Feelin ripped off about now.lol

Comment

Can you post screenshots of your BIOS settings?

Pls keep in mind RAM is a completely different 'animal' in the PC world. It's not like a CPU that will only work in certain mobos...people shop for RAM and generally go for price or looks - there is RAM geared towards specific chipsets or CPU platforms, but generally it's expected to work with a vaiety of CPUs, Sockets and chipsets....you've got MCs located in NorthBridge chipsets, in INtel CPUs and AMD CPUs - all of them take different approaches as to how they manage RAM.......and lets not forget the BIOSs for all these different boards that is constantly being updated/changed or the new chipsets/sockets/BIOSs that are for all intents and purposes rather immature................oh and let's add the new models of RAM that are constanly being released at the request of users.

Oh, almost forgot with 2 of the same exact mobo, CPU combos, differences in the tolerances of various ICs, slots, etc can make the two completely different as to how they deal with a particula=r stick of RAM

Tman

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. Same mobo and card as thread starter. here are my screenshots.

Robust Graphic Booster to Memory Freq.

System Memory Multiplier to CPU PLL

Load Line Calib. to Channel B Ref.

Advanced Timing Controls

right now i have the two 2 gig sticks in slots 2 and 4. My comp still locks up sometimes and the occasional BSoD. I'd really like to have this working and if possible capable of running 2 more of these sticks with stability.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance for anything you gusy have to offer! Please let me kno if there is any other info you think might be helpful!

Comment

update... today before i left for work i changed dram voltage settinb from 2.020v to 2.1v and left memtest86 v3.3 running. should be allowed to run for 4 hrs..

Comment

came back home to find no errors. yeppiee!

i've been experiencing some graphics issues with crysis. white squres (sometimes pink [during night time settings]) show up mostly around trees. they look like pixels that belong to a snowy image on tv or something.

heres a screen

could the mismatched settings be causing this? seems like i've searched and searched but nothing solves my problem.

::EDIT::

OK It wasn't the memeory causing crysis to look like that. it was a bad graphics card. RMAed.

However sometimes my computer will still randomly cut off. Mostly when playing a game but also while transfering data from an external hdd to an internal one via usb, and/or network sharing protocol. Is this is indictation of incorrect bios settings?
                              Last edited by chiefboo; 11-16-2009, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X