Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK x 2 (4GB) and Gigabyte P35-DS3L rev.2 (Win 7 64-bit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
    Fairchild and Dirtbiker14012,

Might have to adjust 1 or possibly more) of your advanced timings, like tRFC or tRC. Could you post your current BIOS settings?
    In my 3rd post in this thread, I posted a screenshot of memset which shows what all the timings are automatically set to, aside from the 5-5-5-15 settings.

Again, I've been running them at 800mhz 4-4-4-12 to get stability.

and I've also tried the change to the trfc to 86 and 64 to no avail.
    Last edited by fairchild; 11-07-2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

i tried putting refresh to ACT delay to 68 and to 86. neither helped.
      also tried putting MCH +1. ddint help.
      tried several mix and matches. nothing worked. every single mix and match i always end up with the system shutting down after a couple hours.(blue screen)

i already sent RMA request so hopefuly a new pair would be better. otherwise i dont know what to do with another stick of 2 gigs sitting around =\

Comment

tRRD - 4
        Rank Write to READ Delay - 4
        Write to Precharge Delay - 8
        Refresh to ACT Delay - 68
        Read to Precharge - 3
        Statis tREAD value - 10

DDR2 OverVoltage - +0.3V

Save and exit, let me know how that goes.

If you need an RMA number, please send the RMA request form to gskillusa@gmail.com

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          tRRD - 4
          Rank Write to READ Delay - 4
          Write to Precharge Delay - 8
          Refresh to ACT Delay - 68
          Read to Precharge - 3
          Statis tREAD value - 10

DDR2 OverVoltage - +0.3V

Save and exit, let me know how that goes.

If you need an RMA number, please send the RMA request form to gskillusa@gmail.com

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT
          Tried these settings with my 4 sticks of 1gb and again had no success. Near instant fail on the Prime95 stress test and 3d game crashes in a few minutes and then a blue screen and system reboots.

I think this must be an issue with the motherboard not being able to run 4 sticks at this high of speed, because again, I am able to be stable at 800mhz with 5-5-5-15 (4-4-4-12 timings turned out to not be as stable as I thought).

Comment

hey fairchild,
            i think it could be our boards.
            i used to have 2 sticks of ddr2-800.
            the auto settings set it to a CL of 6 or something.
            i tried setting 4-4-4-12. instant crash before the computer could even load bios.
            hopefuly i can get my 4 gigs to run stable at 1066. if not ima have to settle for just 2 gigs =\

Comment

try this

so i managed to get my system to pass windows mem test. currently no crashs but looking at my resource monitor i get a lot of hard faults/sec. so im still kinda scared lol.
              these are my current settings so fairchild you may try this.

load fail safe defaults.
              modify CPU host fequency to either 266 or 333 depending on your fsb.
              modify the SPD to 3.20 or 4.0+ again depending on your fsb.

Refresh to ACT delay - 68
              then return back and set ALL the timings to auto. even the cl timinings.
              then set ddr2 voltage to +2.0

again this is an expirenement and so far my systems been stable. hopefuly i can load wow =)
              goodluck to you fairchild!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtbiker14012 View Post
                hey fairchild,
                i think it could be our boards.
                i used to have 2 sticks of ddr2-800.
                the auto settings set it to a CL of 6 or something.
                i tried setting 4-4-4-12. instant crash before the computer could even load bios.
                hopefuly i can get my 4 gigs to run stable at 1066. if not ima have to settle for just 2 gigs =\
                That may be working for you because by setting your motherboard to defaults, it will set your CPU throttle settings and other settings down. So even though your system may be stable for now, it'll be running much much slower if these settings are left on.

Like for example, if your cpu is a 3.0ghz and you have some of the CPU throttling settings on or the HALT settings on, your cpu will go down to like 2.0ghz and possible your memory and FSB too.

Only way to know for sure that your system is running at it's correct speeds is to load up CPU-Z or another similair program and make sure that your CPU speed is not constantly changing.

Comment

you're right.
                  my system is stable but cpu keeps jumping between 2.66ghz (which is default) to 2.0 ghz.
                  no crashes or shutdowns and my ram is running 5-7-7-20 i think. im just happy its stable.
                  and its running at 1066 between the two also.
                  anyways. thanks for help!

Comment

Working...
                  X