No announcement yet.

GA-MA790X-UD4P F7Bios 8gb Ripjaws DDR29600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind that when you increase the HT reference clock (FSB), it will also increase the CPU, HT Link, Northhbridge, and PCI-E bus frequencies.
    So you will need to probably increase your CPU Vcore, NB, and HT voltages (and maybe SB voltage as well).
    If your not in async mode in the bios, then your PCI-E bus frequency with a 225 HT Reference clock is probably too high to boot in Windows.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
    Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
    SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    Corsair HX850W Modular
    Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
    2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

I tried the values mentioned by the Adm. and i got the same results. My rig is not posting and automatically goes to the last known values that work. This setup runs 1066mhz fine. It's the 1200mhz barrier that i am trying to acheive. I am thinking that i need to pull 4gb out and try to get 4gb to work stable and if thats all this setup will be able to handle then i can't ask much more of it ? I game alot and i do alot of disk compresions and Video editing thats why i need 8gb. I will give the Adm. a call and see what we can do. Thanks to all who share there knowledge.

Comment

This # (909) 598-6860.

is only good Mon. - Fri.
        I am trying a different a route. Easy Tune 6. I will post the results of that.

Comment

Easy Tune 6 was'nt the way to go. Also tried AMD overdrive with no succsess . Thinking i may have to just scrap the idea of running 1200mhz and just selling the ram and getting 1066mhz ? 1200mhz is feeling like a pipe dream.

Comment

I contacted Gigabyte and am still waiting for a real reply . I will post whatever results come of it as this board seems very popular and i haven't seen anything on here concerning 1200Mhz ram and this mobo.

Below is my contact with Gigabyte's tek support . It's not helpful yet . But i will include the rest of the their answers and support when i get it and hopefuly it will be an instant remedy for others ? We shall see. Read from the bottom ^UP^
            Question - 827547
            Sent : 10/27/2009 12:04
            Question : Wow that was real general. I was looking for some #'s . I asked a very specific question and included the values i am working with as a base . I also understand that it's OC-ing . It should have been a clue that i at least have a minimum grasp of whats going on . I suspect that Gigabyte has tested this mobo with the very same processor i am using and since the biggest selling point is the OC capabilities. I figured that i would have gotten the values used to do so. So if someone could please reply with some Bios values that make sense for what i am trying to do. That would be great .If the problem is that i need a different CPU or something like that. Then say so. Please don't reply with a vague answer . I am trying to accomplish something here. Thanks
            Answer - 826651
            Answer : That is overclocking, we are unable to guarantee any results from it
            You will need to play with the settings to determine at which spec is the most stable for your system setup

Question - 826651
            Sent : 10/25/2009 12:29
            Question : Is there something that i need to change to get my FSB to run @ 225Mhz so i can run DDR2 1200mhz ? For some reason any time i raise it beyond 200Mhz i can't even post . I also know i have the correct timmings . What is your recommendation to make this happen with the processor and mobo i have ? 6T 6T 6T 18T 2T 7T 195ns 195ns 195ns 195ns 8T 3T 42T 5T . DDR2 @ 2.0V .
            Answer - 824482
            Answer : you can configure the memory clock under the bios to 533, due to the memory controller being integrated onto the processor, cpu will control the memory

Question - 824482
            Sent : 10/21/2009 00:27
            Question : What can i do to make my DDR2 ram run beyond 1066mhz ? I just bought the new DDR2 G.Skill PC29600 RipJaws series in the CMOS i don't have the option to go beyond 1066.

Comment

After reviewing the Processors supported by this Mobo. The Phenom 2 940 should have the F4 Bios for GA-MA790X-UD4P. So i changed it to that. Maybe that will solve the FSB problem i am having when i go over the default of 200Mhz. ?

Comment

No luck. Any time it says **system voltage is not optimized** won't post ?

Comment

Here is the last reply that i asume will get from Gigabyte concerning OCing

Answer : We are unable to provide any assistant regarding overclocking, every user results will vary in terms of overclocking. You will need to play with the settings and determine at which spec is more stable for you. You can relate to forums where the overclocking community can share inputs regarding overclocking.
                  Well that Giga-bites!!! If anyone has any ideas or other ave. for me to take please give any info.
                  Maybe there is a OC site that handles variations such as mine that someone can recomend. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X