Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK with Asus P5Q Deluxe

Hello,

I haven't found a thread showing the BIOS settings to run this memory at 1066Mhz with my mobo.
    If I have missed it, please provide the link.

At the default settings (800Mhz) my system is stable (Prime95 runs for hours) but when I set the memory at 1066, 5-5-5-15, 2.1v the system is unstable (Prime95 fails within seconds). Programs crash and occasionally BSOD.

Can someone please help me with the BIOS settings? I've even tried cranking up the north bridge from 1.1v to 1.2v, no luck.

Here's my build:
    Intel Q9400
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    Thermaltake Toughpower 650w PSU
    XFX Radeon 4350
    2 WD Caviar Black 640GB
    Windows XP Pro

Thank you,
    Brendan

Do you have the latest BIOS? If so check command rate and make sure it's at 2T (or N) and not 1T/N. Also check tRFC should be appr 64 for 2x2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for responding.

I have BIOS version 2005. Do you think it's necessary to upgrade?

CPU-Z says the command rate is at 2T but I can't find the setting in the BIOS.

Comment

Latest is 2201 and probably does address RAM issues in addition to the express gate that is the primary object of teh upgrade, so not a bad idea.

Also check your tRFC, should be 127 or 127.5 if in ns, or about 68 if in straight clicks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks again.
          So I've updated the BIOS but I'm still getting the same results.
          tRFC is set at 65 (increments of 5). Also tried 70.

What's next?

Comment

Try testing each stick individually to see if you have a bad stick. Memtest would also be able to give you a good idea whether or not they are bad. Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion.

Ran Memtest on each stick individually in (yellow) slots 1 and 3.

All four tests were successful so I think both the RAM and the slots are good.

When I run the two together, Memtest fails 45% into the first test.

Comment

Can try 75 or even 80, it's a little high for 2 sticks, but it's one of the primary timings for stabilizing RAM and or raise tRC a click or two.

Tman

Comment

Again, thank you for helping me out with this. I'm extremely eager to begin using my new build for its intended purpose.

Tried several combinations of tRFC at 65, 70 and 80 (moves in increments of 10 after 70) and tRC at 6 and 7. No luck.

How about the clock skew settings? Perhaps it should be advanced or delayed?

Comment

The remainder of my gear is arriving soon and I hope to get this rig running at spec.

I'm trying to post screen shots of my BIOS settings so you fine folks can tell me what I'm missing, but the forum rules at the bottom of the thread say I cannot post attachments. How can I change this?

I cannot find the "Manage Attachments" button:

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

Thanks for all your help,
                    Brendan

Comment

I'm unhappy with my purchase. Is there nothing we can do? Do I need to OC my CPU to get the RAM running at 1066? I just want my my system running properly. I appreciate any suggestions.

Comment

Should I get rid of this stuff or what?

Comment

Are you guys giving up on me? I'd be happy to return the favor....

My IT manager is going to throw these sticks onto his mobo (also an Asus but an earlier model, one of the M4Axxxxs I believe) and then we might have a better idea of what's going on here.

If you think I have missed something, please say so.

Comment

Sorry for the delay.

For attachments, simply click on Insert Image. Or just paste the link.

tRC should be 30. Post up your settings and we can see what may be set incorrectly.

This motherboard should be able to run with just the memory frequency, timings, and voltage changes.

Thank you
                            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                            X