Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI + M4A78-E + Phenom II X4 965. 1066Mhz Bios settings help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tried,no probs. upped the vcore,totally bad idea,wont even boot,did everything imaginable.

I'm thinking of giving this mobo and memories some hammer treatment. Or maybe not that'll be a waste of money. this is so frustrating,thats it.

i guess it would be wiser for everyone to leave those memories running 800 and forget every thought of 1066. what do you guys think?

Comment

It's booting and running Okay till you start gaming? then crashes and BSODs? Might look at GPU Driver...also did you up the CPU voltage?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tried the volts,adjusted every aspect. conclusion. this asus mobo is so full of ****. first and the last one of this brand.

guess i'll wait for bios upgrade or reply from the asus forum,hell,if these memories are compatible,then they had to test these,and to test and to get "passed" marking,maybe they have some kind magic wand what touches my mobo and makes everything pretty and shiny. over and out.

Comment

What slots do you have them installed in? You may have an unstable processor since DDR2-800 works fine while DDR2-1066 does not.

Temporarily use these settings, they will provide the same speeds as DDR2-1066 CL5.

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
          DRAM Frequency - 800
          DRAM Voltage - 2.0V
          HT Voltage - 1.3V
          NB Voltage - 1.2V

DRAM Controller Configuration (submenu)
          DCT Unganged Mode - Enabled
          Power Down Enabled - Disabled

DRAM Timing/Driving Config. (submenu)
          DRAM Command Rate - 2
          tCL - 4
          tRCD - 4
          tRP - 4
          tRAS - 12
          tRTP - AUTO
          tRC - AUTO
          tWR - 8
          tRRD - AUTO

tRWTTO - AUTO
          tWRRD - AUTO
          tWTR - AUTO
          tWRWR - AUTO
          tRDRD - AUTO
          tRFC0 - 127
          tRFC1 - 127
          tREF - AUTO

For DDR2-1066, try setting some timings to AUTO, the motherboard might not like the manual settings for whatever reason.

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
          DRAM Frequency - 1066
          DRAM Voltage - 2.1V
          HT Voltage - 1.4V
          NB Voltage - 1.2V

DRAM Controller Configuration (submenu)
          DCT Unganged Mode - Enabled
          Power Down Enabled - Disabled

DRAM Timing/Driving Config. (submenu)
          DRAM Command Rate - 2
          tCL - 5
          tRCD - 5
          tRP - 5
          tRAS - 15
          tRTP - AUTO
          tRC - AUTO
          tWR - AUTO
          tRRD - AUTO

tRWTTO - AUTO
          tWRRD - AUTO
          tWTR - AUTO
          tWRWR - AUTO
          tRDRD - AUTO
          tRFC0 - 195
          tRFC1 - 195
          tREF - AUTO

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok,will try them.

Short temper,unstable components,no good =)

Comment

Have been running on 800 mhz a while now,seems to work.

I set twr to auto,bios gives only options "auto 3 4 5 6"

If it stays stable will settle for this. thanks again for everybody.

Comment

Kaleppo,

For what it's worth -- I fought three ASUS motherboards -- an M4A78 Pro, a M3A76-CM and a M4785-M for two months and had problems the whole time -- maybe not as bad as you, but discouraging.

Two things happened:

1. I finally realized that my brand new AMD AII 4X 955 BE might be defective -- sent it in -- and it was!!! AMD did a great job of exchanging.

2. It is hard getting all the settings right. Each motherboard has just slightly different wording on the BIOS setup menus -- and some don't have the same setting options as
                others. Took me a while to get far enough up the curve to make the right choices.

Bottom line is I got the hardware fixed, and finally with GSkill's help got a set of settings that work.

All three systems have been working without problems for a couple of months now.

Hang in there!!! ASUS nor GSkill are bad. Just takes more work than normal to get
                the top performance.

RevBC

P. S. -- After getting the above done -- I find that the comment someone else made in one of these threads is right. The video drivers give a lot of problems when trying to
                play games at high performance levels.

bc

Comment

Just thinking,if theres a some problem in the processor,wouldnt it show up whenever you push it to the limit?

Comment

Not necessarily, it could be a weak or faulty memory controller.
                    A good way to gauge this is by trying slight CPU overclocks, if unstable, then it's the chip.
                    We had this happen with a 955 when they were first released.
                    It was returned and another one purchased about three months later, this one was fine.
                    Keep in mind that these Black Edition CPU's are designed with decent overclocking headroom.
                    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                    Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                    SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                    Corsair HX850W Modular
                    Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                    2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Working...
                    X