First time builder can't get G Skill 4gb ram to run at 1066

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time builder can't get G Skill 4gb ram to run at 1066

Hi I can't get the G Skill 4gb ram to run at 1066 on my BIOSTAR TA790GXB A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX ATX AMD Motherboard. Here is the motherboard product page http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/t-s...n.php?S_ID=379

Anyways I'm running an AMD AM2+ 940 processor. I have gone into the bios and set the voltage to 2.1, and in my bios I enabled, "manual overclock" and I set the ram to the 1066 speed, and I left the timings at auto, and when I tried to boot Windows I got that blue screen that says that the pc is shutting down to prevent further damage I realize I'm probably not doing everything perfect, this is my first custom pc build, and I'm new to the bios. Do you have any suggestions to guide me with? Thank for your time.

Right off the bat, set your stock timings in manually rather than let Auto try and check Command Rate, it's probably at 1T and you'll want it at 2T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Set timings to 5-5-5-15, Command Rate 2T. SB/HT Voltage may need to be increased to 1.40V.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hey, I have tried what you have suggested and still no luck. Though I notice there is TRRD, though you did not tell me to set to anything so I left it at auto. I apperciate you help.

Comment

If you could post up some screen shots of your BIOS I can see what you may be missing or have set incorrectly. Also, what slots do you have them installed in? Try testing them individually at DDR2-1066 to make sure you don't have a bad stick.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok I will post some screen shots once I get my camera back in a couple days. I have the ram in the slots closest to the cpu.

Comment

Working...
            X