GA-EP45-UD3P and F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3P and F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ issues

I have had this new board for a several weeks now after my old board died. It runs fine mostly except for couple things that I think may be my memory settings.
    It will not reboot itself, it shuts down most of the way, then just a black screen until I hit the reset button, same thing when I save and exit bios.
    It also is REAL slow to shutdown, doesnt give any error messages, though. It is slow even if I just boot up and shutdown right away.
    I have the memory running under speed, with 2.1 volts, and timings set as 5-5-5-15.
    Could this slow shutdown issue be a memory timing issue?
    BTW, boot up is good and fast, and it has just had windows reinstalled.
    Q9550
    GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6 bios FA
    F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ

Actually it sounds like a driver issue, after your reinstall, did you hit your mobo manufacturers site and update all the driver, update the BIOS, go to the graphics card manufacturer and update your cards driver, if you have RAID is the driver current, same if you have an SSD, do you have all your OS updates?

Hmmm...then what CPU are you running and what vCore and FSB, a mismatch there could cause what you are describing.........as is having a swap file that's too small....or might want to clear your caches, particularly for your web browser(s)

If you check into the above and still have the same problem, if you could post your BIOS settings, it would help

(sorry there's so much but could be alot of things

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have all the latest drivers installed.
      Why would a driver make it so when i save and exit bios, it wont restart?
      IF I run the cpu at stock, it will restart properly, If I overclock it even 100 Mhz, it wont restart.
      Q9550
      F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ

Comment

Do you have the RAM in slots 1-3 or 2-4, if 1-3 might try 2-4.....I know it's not what the manual says but GB has had problems with the dominant pair.

Also look to cleaning out the caches and upping the size of your swap file

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I originally had them in 1&3, now they are in 2&4, neither made a difference
          Q9550
          F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ

Comment

Try each stick individually to see if you get the same issue. Also, refer to the guide to make sure your did not miss any BIOS settings.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPOTR

Comment

I got REAL tired of this board. Never had a problem with this hardware with the old DFI board I had.
              So, I bought another one, (DFI Lanparty Dark X48) and it runs GREAT, priming at 3.4 Ghz now, stable as a rock.
              Just wish I could rma the gigabyte board, but I had to mod it a little to get my cpu heatsink to fit
              Q9550
              F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ

Comment

The mod might have caused a crack or some stress at a line, have done that a few times myself

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X