No announcement yet.

EP45-UD3R + F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + Q550 stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like 2 workers died on me around the 8th hour in Prime95. I will up the VCore a wee bit more and see what happens. Under Idle, Voltage for CPU is running steady at 1.264V and DDR18V is at 2.064V. Is it normal for them to show figures below setting? As mentioned earlier, I had VCore set to 1.31250V, and RAM set to 2.1V. Either that, or EasyTune6 not reporting right.
    Last edited by SyCKLe; 10-20-2009, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Just installed CPU-Z, checked under memory, and guess what? I had my "Advanced Timing Control" under [Auto]! Darn, completely missed adjusting the [Auto]s, and because of that tRFC was reading at 58 in CPU-Z. I have since manually keyed in all the figures, and tRFC now reads correctly at 68. VCore is set to 1.32500V (ET6 shows Voltage at 1.232V for CPU, and 2.064V for DDR18V at full load) as of this writing, and Prime95 is running. Will post results later.
      Last edited by SyCKLe; 10-20-2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

So you got Prime running during Prime Time eh? Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, 2 workers gave up after 6 hours. I upped the tRFC to 71, and 2 more workers died within 3 hours? Didn't make sense. My fault as I had stuff going on while Prime95-ing. Turned off some background programs like the screensaver and re-ran it (ET6 shows Voltage between 1.232V - 1.248V for CPU, and 2.064V for DDR18V at full load). This time it passed the 8th hour mark. 1 worker finally gave up after 8+ hours. I had it on default Priority 1. I know some recommended running it on Priority 10 (and 24 hours, 5 days or a week+), but I don't have the inclination, nor see a need for it... yet. So I am happy with 8 hours for now just to get a general idea.

Anyway, think I better stop Prime95-ing before my electric bill hits sky high (and before I start developing an obsessive compulsiveness with it :P). Voltages are idle at 1.280V for CPU, and 2.064V for DDR18V, and idle temps are 35C for System and 34-35C for CPU. I'll just let the machine be, work with it, and see how it fares for my everyday use, and post if something weird occurs and then tinker with it more. Thanks again for the tips.
          Last edited by SyCKLe; 10-21-2009, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Obsessive compulsive.........Nahhhh, there's no computer users like that....LOL

Sounds like it's pretty good, even if no problems, drop a line on how it's going....you sound like you might be thinking of pushing a bit in the future

Have a gud 1 !

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X