Yet Another Thread Regarding F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK: Won't Run Stable at 1066

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Thread Regarding F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK: Won't Run Stable at 1066

I'm sorry to bore everyone with another thread about F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK, but I cannot get this RAM to run at 1066mhz without blue screening my computer. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 motherboard and an AMD Phenom II X2 545 processor. This board is supposed to run 1066 memory and the AM3 processor definitely supports it, but it's automatically setting this memory to 800mhz. I've tried the settings suggested by one of the administrators in this thread http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1129 , but I still got errors with those settings when I ran memtest. Can anyone give me settings that will make this RAM run at its advertised speed without crashing my system?

Can anyone tell me what the recommended settings are for my motherboard that will run the ram stable at 1066? I would really appreciate it, because right now I am very dissatisfied with this ram.

Comment

Set Memory Clock - x5.33
      DCTs Mode - Unganged

DRAM Configuration (submenu)

DDRII Timings Items - Manual
      5T
      5T
      5T
      15T
      2T
      3T
      160ns
      160ns
      Write Recovery Time - 8T
      3T
      30T
      3T

System Voltage Control - Manual
      DDR2 Voltage Control - +0.300V
      Northbridge Voltage Control - +0.100V

Save and exit, everything should be running smoothly.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you for your response, but there are still problems with those settings. The lowest I can set the TwTr Command Delay to is 4T. i don't have an option for 160ns, only 195ns and 327.5ns. Also, the lowest the RAS to RAS Delay with go is 4T. And, the current auto ddr2 voltage + .300V would equal 2.22 volts, which is higher than the memory can run at. Is there an option I'm missing that allows me to manually enter values?

Comment

I was just reading the Gigabyte memory support list for my board and it saysthe following- "Note: Due to AMD AM3/ AM2+ CPU limitation, memory module of DDR2 1066 or above speed is only supported by 1 dimm per channel." Does this mean in order to get the ram running at 1066 I have to put each stick in a separate channel? The manual tells me that if 2 sticks are being installed they should be in dimms 1 and 2, which is the first channel.
          Last edited by guitardude7; 10-13-2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

The tRFC you can try at 195ns, the 4's are OK, the RAMs OK for now at the 2.22 (if all goes well you can try lowering it. You want the sticks in slots 1,2 (Channel 1 is slots 1,3 and Channel 2 is slots 2,4, so in 1,2 equates to 1 ea in channel 1 and 1 in channel 2, there may be an option for ganged or unganged - Ganged is dual channel which is what you will want. You'll also want command rate at 2T or 2N depending on how they list it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay I guess i'll try those settings, but how come the moderator is telling me to run them in unganged mode? And I thought this RAM is supposed to run higher than 2.1V. Shouldn't I just set it to 2.1V?

Comment

You want the sticks in ganged mode - which is what I said

"Ganged is dual channel which is what you will want"

which would be slots 1 and 2, the yellow ones.

The RAM is rated up to 2.1 which is what I would set it at (I'm not sure why GSkill suggested the +0.3).

You say you thought the RAM is supposed to run higher, then say shouldn't just be at 2.1, not sure what you mean. As said the rated Max is 2.1 (which actually gives you leeway up through about 2.25, there's always fudge room w/ RAM and COUs over and above rated max)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay I understand. My current NB Voltage + .100V would be 1.2V. Does that sound about right for the memory settings?

Comment

Yes, 2 sticks will only need 1.2V. The memory voltage should be 2.1V total. Assuming the default is 1.8V, that's why I suggeested +0.3V.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I just tried several variations of settings, including the settings you recommended. Every test I ran with memtest came back with errors. What's the problem? It runs fine at 800 but not at 1066 where it's supposed to run. What if I try changing the timings to something like 5-7-7-15?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? You may have an unstable processor. You will need SB/HT Voltage increase to stabilize it but I don't think your motherboard has that option. If you do not then it may be difficult running DDR2-1066.

You can try 5-7-7-20, but I would suggest DDR2-800 with 4-4-4-12 since that provides the same actual speed or even faster than DDR2-1066 CL5.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

My motherboard does have the option for SB/HT Voltage. What should I set that to to stabilize it? Also, if that doesn't work, what would be the settings to go along with the 4-4-4-12 timing at 800mhz.

Comment

SB/HT Voltage 1.40V

Memory Voltage will only need to be 2.0V, otherwise it should be no problem with all other settings on AUTO since this motherboards maximum standard (default) is DDR2-800.

Thank you
                            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Those settings are for running the ram at 800, correct? What would need I need to have the SB/HT Voltage at if I want the ram to run at 1066? And what would the NB Voltage have to be set at for both of those speeds? Maybe it would help if you listed the settings for running at both speeds so I can try them out.
                              Last edited by guitardude7; 10-14-2009, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X