GA-MA790X-UD4P and (2) F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA790X-UD4P and (2) F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

Can someone please tell me what the BIOS settings for this should be with all four sticks in? I have just rma'd my power supply in the hopes that this is what is causing my problem. My system reboots after about 10 minutes of gaming and I cannot get a successful memtest run with all four sticks. If I am not gaming and just browsing the web, things are fine. I believe (and will double check) that all sticks test fine individually. I am using a Phenom 9650 CPU. Any help would be appreciated.

Could you post your current BIOS settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Right now they are at auto. I've tried 5-5-5-15 with increased mem voltage to 2.0, increased nb to 1.4. That didn't work to get a stable memtest.

Comment

Try raising the tRFC, without seeing your settings, don't know where you're at, guessing 127 if in NS try 190ish

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Please keep us posted on the results. tRFC 195 should be sufficient. Otherwise, sounds like you have everything else set correctly and should not have any issues.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to reply, been waiting on my rma power supply. 195 works great with 3 sticks. I have a 4th stick that tests fine by itself, but when coupled with any of the other 3 freezes memtest or errors out. Makes no sense to me why it would test fine by itself but error out with any of the other three. Any thoughts? It's the same model.

Comment

A few: Is command rate at 2T (may be 2N depending on your BIOS version)? Do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo? Have you tried the one stick all by itself in slot 1? If it works OK then add one to slot 3, still okay addd in 2 and 4. If it bombs anywhere along the line, try different sticks in 1-3, if OK add the 'bad' one to slot two, if it boots, add the 4th (in 4 obviously)....if either or both work till you add the 4th stick, then kick the tRFC up to the next rate aboce 195.

If it bombs also, then think you may have a bad stick and will want to RMA
              Last edited by Tradesman; 10-15-2009, 07:36 PM.

Tman

Comment

Command Rate is at 2T, I do have the latest BIOS. All sticks test fine individually, and three of them work together. The last stick tests fine alone, but when paired with any other stick then memtest spouts out errors. I've tried tRFC at 327.5 ns and that didn't help. Any other suggestions? I can post photos of the BIOS if that helps. I don't know that I can RMA the memory when it tests fine alone but errors in a pair can I?

Comment

Post your BIOS settings and we'll see if you are missing anything. NB Voltage is 1.40V right? Regarding RMA, no need to worry, we will take care of it if we think it is a memory issue.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Here are my BIOS settings. This works great for the three sticks I have. If I replace any of the three currently with my other stick, the errors begin.

http://img11.imageshack.us/i/1002936m.jpg/

http://img11.imageshack.us/i/1002937.jpg/

Comment

Definitely sounds like you have a bad stick. Simply go to http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Send that stick back to us and we will send you a new replacement.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok, thanks. I've sent my rma form in, just waiting for an rma #.

Comment

Have you tried them in GANGED mode with the 4 sticks installed?

Tman

Comment

I have tried that, guess I forgot to mention that. Thanks for all your help Tradesman and support.

Comment

Got RMA stick the other day and it tested great. Back to 8 GB of RAM. Thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
                              X