Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM @ 1066 MHz = Game crashes

About a month ago I upgraded my PC with:

- GSKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

Running the memory at 800 MHz, everything has been working perfectly fine for the past month.

If I change the memory settings to 1066 with everything set *perfectly* as in the thread http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1129 then I start getting crashes in Warcraft a few minutes after I load it up with a "memory could not be read error".

It happens every single time. I have never been able to run the game for more than 15 minutes on 1066 without crashing.

I was using Windows 7 RC for a while, but thought that could be the issue. So I reformatted back to Windows XP 64 bit. But unfortunately the exact same thing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the issue?

Also, I tried posting on the Warcraft tech support forum (link) and he mentioned " WoW is really strict about data that it reads. It wants it presented on time and correctly when Windows says that the data is ready. You may want to try 1066MHz with looser timings and see if that helps you."

Anyone know what kind of "looser" timings would work better? (If that's even a logical suggestion.)
    Last edited by Vux; 09-27-2009, 07:29 AM.

looser would probably be 6-6-6-18 opposed to the stock 5-5-5-15 - either way command rate at 2T, voltage at 2.1 for your RAM and you may need a slight increase in your vCore (CPU voltage).

I'd try

1. Ensure Command rate at 2T
    2. Ensure DRAM voltage at 2.1
    3. Raise vCore a tad
    4. Then loosen timings to 6-6-6-18

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X