Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2- 6400CL4D-4GBPI x2 - Asus P5Q-E

Hello,

Could you help to configure my bios settings?

Asus P5Q-E and E8400
    F2- 6400CL4D-4GBPI x2 Go

CAS (CL) 5
    tRCD 5
    tRP 5
    tRAS 15

tRRD 4
    tWTR 4
    tWR 8
    tRFC 54
    tRTP 4
    Command Rate CMD 2

MCH Core 1.300
    ICH Core 1.200
    DRAM Voltage 2.00

Hope that helps

Comment

IS this a new build or an existing system? If it's an existing system, then to start with set the sticks to 4-4-4-12, command rate 2T, voltage 1.9, your FSB should be at default of 1333, leave NB at default. Try this initially.

If problems then the advanced RAM timings may need to be changed, in particular the tRFC since you are running 8GB - it may need to go up from what the mobo defaults to , maybe around 88.

Another possibility you may encounter is the base timings being to tight for the 8GB, may have to loosen them to 5-5-5-15 or so........hopefully not, but should give you a starting point, and I'll be in and out over the rest of the evening....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

I bought my computer one month ago. I have many problem with my Gigabyte EP45-DS3P. This MB goto RMA and after that i bought a nex MB my P5Q-E. For two weeks I have 4-4-4-12 and voltage to 2.10, and no trouble until yesterday. I have some Bsod with MEMROY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, etc..... My Windows Seven is out, so maybe i reinstall it. I just have 4Go in Dual Channel Mode.

I don't understand when you said "5-5-5-15" because my DRAM is CL4D so it's better to put 4-4-4-12 in the bios settings?

PS : http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=201 but my MB isn't in the List.
        Last edited by DjGonk; 09-21-2009, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Search the problem else where. North Bridge would be nice place to start. This memory runs on CL4-4-4-12 even on 8GB clean auto settings 'DRAM Static read Enabled' clean at 1.90v at ASUS BIOS. When OCing the North bridge needs rising harder the OC more it'll need.

Those BSODs are memory issues as far I know, but I think they still in this case under 2.1v mean that "North bridge simply locked down suddently".
          "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
          http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Ok.

So you think just put "Auto for DRAM Timing" and put DRAM voltage @1.9?

PS : I just have 4Go of RAM not 8Go (it's for Tradesman post).
            Last edited by DjGonk; 09-21-2009, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DjGonk View Post
              Ok.

So you think just put "Auto for DRAM Timing" and put DRAM voltage @1.9?
              No, you put timings to CL4-4-4-12 (leave everything else to auto), hit voltage to 1.90v on BIOS (which is 2.00v actual). Kick DRAM Static Read 'Enabled' hit north bridge around 1.37v (on stock core speeds). (stock NB is 1.372v this is 1.428v only)

Little help later on:
              "Even little OC hit NB to 1.39v (which is 1.440v actual). when you kick in some serious OCs like 450FSB you'll start needing 1.47-1.49v at BIOS (~1.520v) and for lets say 4-4-4-12 900Mhz RAm would been 2.00v BIOS (2.10v for 2 sticks It'll need to push to 2.06v (2.16v actual) to be stable for full controller) and stabilize that bringing VTT close enough (lets say NB - ~176-276mV (or 0.176v-0.276v) is close enough) would stabilize the speed for memory (specially Vista and Win7 setups). Even while only 4'Go it'll still need it since the NB chip most be as fast to handle as you push transform data through RAM.."
              Last edited by genetix; 09-21-2009, 02:46 AM.
              "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:

Comment

OK

Tonight i will try this :

RAM Timing : Manual and 4-4-4-12.
                RAM Voltage : 2.10V
                NB Voltage : 1.40V

After that i post the result.

Comment

Sorry bought that, I saw the set, which is 4GB, but then you had the 'x2' so I thought it was the the set times 2 or 8 GB. Looks like Genetix has you covered here

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman, no problem, i write x2 for 2Go x 2 so just 4 Go. It's my falut , sorry.

So for genetix proposition :
                    RAM Timing : Manual and 4-4-4-12.
                    RAM Voltage : 1.9V
                    NB Voltage : 1.37V

It's this proposition?

Comment

Shouldn't have anykind of issues on those settings what so ever.

Comment

OK Genetix and Tradesman. I will try that tonight. See you later.

Comment

OK. I have another BSOD : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION with win32k.sys and with this settings :

AI overclocking : Manual
                          CPU ratio setting : 9
                          FSB strap to northbridge : Auti
                          FSB frequency : 333
                          PCIE frequency : 100
                          DRAM frequency : DDR2-800MHz
                          DRAM timing : Manual
                          CAS# latency : 4
                          RAS# to CAS# delay : 4
                          RAS# to PRE time : 4
                          RAS# ACT time : 12
                          RAS# to RAS# delay : auto
                          REF cycle time : auto
                          WRITE recovery time : auto
                          WRITE to READ delay : auto
                          READ to PRE time : auto
                          DRAM static control : auto
                          Transaction booster : auto
                          Voltage CPU : Auto
                          CPU PLL voltage : Auto
                          FSB termination voltage : Auto
                          DRAM voltage : 2.10
                          Northbridge voltage : 1.36
                          Southbridge voltage : Auto
                          Load-line calibration : activ?
                          CPU GTL voltage reference : auto
                          NB GTL voltage reference : auto
                          CPU spread spectrum : Disabled
                          PCIE spread sprectrum : Disabled
                          CPU clock skew : auto
                          NB clock skew : auto

C1E support : Enabled
                          Max CPUID limit : Disabled
                          Vanderpool technology : Disabled
                          CPU TM function : Enabled
                          Execute disable bit : Enabled
                          PECI : Disabled

So do you think it's my memory (GSkill F2-6400 4GBPI CL4D) or my bios settings or my windows seven install?

PS : I have an USB Audio Helmet, do you think that this Hardware causes a problem?

Comment

Try disabling the C1E, you are over clocked on your chip??

Which CPU do you have?

Plus I add that the 5 5 5 15 timings worked better for me even though the settings are supposed to be better going 4 4 4 12
                            Last edited by 4x64; 09-24-2009, 08:39 AM.

Comment

My CPU is an E8400 @3Ghz
                              Yes the bios settings recognize automaticaly my DRAM settings at 5-5-5-15 but on the specification of GSkill it's a 4-4-4-12 @2.10. So i don't know the good configuration.

Comment

Working...
                              X