Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5QL-EM with F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ-B

Hello.

I'm new to this forum and wanted to make you a query.

I want to replace my DDR2 800 MHz memory modules for some G.Skill Pi Black 1066 MHz (more precisely the F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ-B kit). My motherboard is the Asus P5QL-EM (BIOS v0314).

I already know I have to configure them manually, but I want to know if is there any instability or incompatibility issue between my motherboard and those memory modules.

Thanks.

P.S: Sorry if my english isn't good, I?m a little rusty

Will prob want to see what GSkill says, but I wouldn't bet on it. Worked on a couple of these boards and they are extremely picky with RAM and seem to prefer SS, vs double sided RAM. Also had problems running dual channel.

If you try, will prob want to upgrade your BIOS, can be found here:

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...ntent=download

Just a guess, you may get them to run, but I doubt at much higher than 800-900. I may be totally wrong, but don't think so. Gskill should be back in Monday for sure, maybe this weekend....or someone may see this that has tried what you want over the weekend.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

I have installed some Kingston Value RAM with CAS6 (6-6-6-18, 1.8Volts) latencies and I wanted to replace them with the G.Skill PI Black (5-5-5-15, 2.0 ~ 2.1 Volts) for a better performance.

What about these memory modules: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK?
      They are included in the Asus QVL for my motherboard.

Comment

Wouldn't worry on compatibility (although, on 1066Mhz that's kinda tricky doesn't work always, but it's fast as hell as an memory even on lower.). What I would worry on that board is north bridge heat. Happened to pass by this board needed 3 x 120mm fans to keep it even in bare able levels. This + huge throughput from RAM will be 'something to solve..'.
        "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
        http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Both should be no problems as they have been tested on this motherboard.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Both should be no problems as they have been tested on this motherboard.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT
            Excellent...

Thanks for your answers.

Comment

Hello again.

I can finally buy the G.Skill Pi Black 2x2 Gb PC2 8500 memory modules.

The problem is that I can't get the 1066 MHz. The BIOS detects the latencies Ok, but the speed is 800 MHz.

- If I set the timings manually and 2.1v the system crashes.
              - If I set the CPU frecuency in 333, the DRAM frecuency options are 667, 800, 1000 and 1111, so setting the timings manually, the DRAM frecuency in 1000 and the voltage at 2.1v the system crashes.

- If I set the CPU frecuency in 355 I can set the DRAM frecuency in 1066. But the CPU speed reaches 3,21 GHz and the system crashes.

?Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X