Windows 7 RC1
    XFX 780i Mobo
    Antec 850 Quattro PSU
    2x 8800GTX in SLI
    F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD
    Q9550 running at stock speed
    2x Velociraptor in RAID0
    Corsair H50 Pseudo Water Cooler :-)

I recently purchased the Trident 9600 dimms from New Egg (about 2 weeks ago) and i have been unable to get the system stable for more that about 4 hours at a time... i am at a loss here.... i posted these images of the relevant BIOS screens.
    Any help would be much appreciated....

I am NOW running stable at 1066... but, would be nice to run at the specs i paid for!

I tried:

swtiching the stick between one color slots and the other...
    messing with the voltages up to 1.925... left it now at 1.9v
    making sure i have the latest BIOS and drivers for the MOBO and NVIDIA components

Last edited by smarsh1966; 09-13-2009, 09:56 AM.

Hmm, drop tRC to 36T
    tWR 8T

Other than that I cannot help you on this one. Anyway, issue is in motherboard compatibility not in the memory I know this much. Best suggestion would be to check MemTest86+ where it does error out(more specifically check test 5) (it probably will even be stable, but Vista and Windows 7 systems now what's a different storyline. Even while memory would be +0.1v from actual stable vista and Windows 7 will need more than this.)

(Personal note, Since decided I will not advice an above specs settings to anyone here anylonger even while functional.)
    Last edited by genetix; 09-13-2009, 11:45 AM.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

if you use manual adjustments, you can only go up to 31 on the tRC and 6 on the tWR

Comment

Well, 6T tWR = 15T total on your system 1066Mhz would need minimum of 16T where 1200Mhz is higher.

24ns / (speed in ns) = ~Xt for tWR (I think botton line on my sticks was 24ns)
        and on tRC that will easily go with 31T I think. Well, at least it's hell a lot better than 54T at auto.

anyway, tWR will break the stability assuming.

-edit-

you could check how high you can go with tWTR. This might 'compensate' the tWR. (as in tWTR + tWR = tWR and make that over 18T it possible.)

-edit2-

Anyway, as above stated I'd need to see the MemTest86+ result or partial tested tests 5 and 7 would do nicely.

This might also help for directions:
        http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1277
        Last edited by genetix; 09-13-2009, 11:58 AM.
        "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:

Comment

i was able to increase the tWTR to 14, making the total 20.

i set the voltage to 1.925v (is this to much for this stick?)

It seems stable enough for me to be on the machine for a while without a BSOD... i will run a full mem test and post the results in a while.

Thanks!

Comment

Think if you raise your FSB Voltage to 1.2 would help stabilize, since the RAM is slightly over what the mobo considers stock, it should give the MC a bit of a boost, and is still well below Max voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by smarsh1966 View Post
              i set the voltage to 1.925v (is this to much for this stick?)
              It can take 2.4v. I use 2.1-2.2v on any DDR2 memory as standard. Of course rated voltage is rated voltage & some specific chips manuafacturers may drop the maximum, but wouldn't worry too much of it.

Comment

Hi all, thanks for you help troubleshooting this problem..

I ran MemTest overnight with the tWR + tWRT = 20, tRC = 31, mem volatge at 1.925v and got the following results:

I then adjust the FSB voltage to 1.2v from 1.1v and brought down the mem voltage down back to 1.9v (i had not read the followup post yet!)

here are the new settings changed:

I left MemTest running while i am at work.... will post the results when i get home this evening... thanks again!

Comment

tWR should be at 8 minimum.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

That does not help me.... like i said in an earlier post, i can only set it up to 6 manually.

Comment

Not sure which slots you use the memory in, but some boards does better with secondary DDR slots meaning if you use slots 1&3 now should test 2&4. Assuming since your board is 780i have vain memory it would use slots 1&2 so trying 3&4 could solve this.
                      (Suggesting this since the board 'fine delay's'-the memory automatically according to slots in use and this fine delay is different per channel)

Comment

Sorry, I missed that. That's quite odd. Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

OK, so here it goes....

When i got back this evening it was frozen with lots o' errors after 2 full passes (and some after that).... i moved the dimms to the other slots and upped the voltage from 1.9 to 2.1v...

MemTest almost immediately started throwing errors.

I moved the dimms back to the slots i had them in and ran MemTest with the 2.1v.

I let it run for 1 full pass, and NO errors.

Once i am done actually 'using' the computer this evening, i will let memtest run overnight to see if i have the problem licked or not...

Thanks

P.S. i do have the latest BIOS they made for this MOBO.... the MOBO is identical as the eVGA 780i SLI FTW MOBO...just rebadged

Comment

Sounds good to me.........it's been fast and furious out here tonight......Whoooooooooooo...time for a smoke

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Success!!! raising the DIMM voltage to 2.1v did the trick

It would have saved me a LOT of time if the DIMMs were advertised as 'can achieve 1200' and not being somewhat disingenuous about 5-5-5-15 1.8v for 1200Mhz.

I really appreciate all you folks for you great help....Thanks!

I will now start tightening up the timings and continue testing...

Overnight, 6 complete passes and not a single error!

Comment

Working...
                              X