F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + XFX 8200 (MB-N78S-8209) Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + XFX 8200 (MB-N78S-8209) Help

Can't get my G.Skill ram to run stable at 533MHz if my life depended on it, but like many similar stories, runs perfectly fine at 400MHz with no errors whatsoever.

- Purchased from Newegg, hope to get it running at 533MHz before RMA window closes.
    - Processor is the AMD Phenom II x4 955 at 3.2GHz stock clock.
    - Motherboard is the XFX 8200, rated to run RAM at 533MHz.

I've tried countless BIOS settings for the past week and still no luck!

If anyone has any special tips for my initial setup please let me know ASAP, I would extremely appreciate it!

Thanks
    Last edited by Regamaster; 09-09-2009, 07:18 PM.

What OS are you running, saw somewhere there were problems with the 64 bit drivers that come w/ the mobo?
    Also what BIOS? Will want the latest

Have you tested each stick individually to eliminate the problem of a bad stick?

If so, will want to enter the timings manually, command rate at 2T, and voltage at 2.1 (can possibly drop to 2.0 later). Might try running unganged, if okay try ganged.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My OS is Windows Vista x64. I flashed the BIOS to the latest one which was available from the XFX Support website specifically for this Motherboard.

Yes, I have tried each stick individually in each DIMM slot. I highly doubt I have a bad stick because they both run perfectly at 800MHz with no memory errors after running Memtest for hours.

For the past hour I just tried the settings you mentioned:
      - Tried Auto timings and 5-5-5-15
      - RAM set at 2.1V
      - Command Rate at 2T (default)
      - Tried Unganged Mode (Dozens of memtest errors in the first couple minutes)
      - Tried Ganged Mode (Can't even boot into Windows before getting BSOD)

I even tried all these exact settings in Single Channel mode. So far nothing is stable at 533MHz. This is a nightmare.

Comment

Do you have advanced timing values such as tWR tRC tRFC etc? List those for us so we can see if the motherboard is picking them up correctly.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

The BIOS does have those advanced timing values, but they are all set on AUTO.

To make things easier I found some photos of the same BIOS online.

http://www.motherboards.org/imagevie.../1799_p5_1.jpg

Remember, this isn't my very own BIOS though, I have a Phenom II x4 955.
          Last edited by Regamaster; 09-10-2009, 05:33 PM.

Comment

May want to raise the tRFC setting and possibly the vCore a tad. Might still want to test each by itself with the 1066 setting, running fine at 800 is one thing and can be done, but doesn't mean the RAM will run okay or even run at it's rated speed of 1066. Plus AMD CPU's often have trouble with 1066 RAM and above, it's a MC thing with them.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Regamaster View Post

I don't know if it's the review or just me, but 20 screens and none from memory configs in Review OC pages, hahaha...

Anyway, to point.. XFX required registeration anychance you could pass us link to manual or up it on somewhere? Would be easier if we would just see what settings are in BIOS for memory latencies. Other than that yeah Tradesman above is correct the AMD CPU platform is damn shaky everything needs to be precisely to get it running stable 1066Mhz and it doesn't seem easy.

I just got my first new AMD board actually still building it, but hell I'm having issues with memory on it seems to do find up to somepoint, but not 1066Mhz at CL5.
              "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
              http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Is it just me or are the advanced timings in none of those pictures?

Let me know which settings you have for advanced timings and we will have them set manually.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Originally posted by Regamaster View Post

Comment

Have to along with Genetix and GSkill Tech above, we need to know Your actual settings, otherwise it's even more hit or miss that just throwing suggestions in the air.

Genetix, think I can get the manual, if so will PM you

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X