F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + ECS IC780M-A | Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + ECS IC780M-A | Help

I have tried various setting combinations suggested here on my two sticks, although I can get the sticks to run at the proper speed (533) I cannot get them stable. If I put the sticks to 533 with any combination of settings I have tried ends up crashing applications when the sticks are under load.

Right now I'm running the sticks on what the default is on with my motherboard (400mhz) and everything is stable.

My motherboard has the latest bios.

I can take pictures of my bios settings if that will help.

System Info:
    AMD Phenom 9950 BE
    ECS IC780M-A
    F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+

Please do so as that would make it much easier/faster to troubleshoot.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

This is the M.I.B II Intelligent Bios page

The CPU and DIMM voltage increments go by 5mV and 10mV increments respectively

This is the Memory Configuration Page

and the bottom half of the Memory Configuration page:

Comment

To start the sticks call for 2 - 2.1 volts, your screen shots show 1.88, so might kick it up to 2.1, then if it runs okay, try lowering to 2.0. See if that helps before going any further

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

DIMM Voltage Enabled and set to 2.1V. This memory package works best at that voltage. As far as timings, looks like your motherboard is picking them up properly so you can simply leave those on AUTO. Once you make the voltage change your computer should be running smoothly.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I probably should have clarified in those pictures that those are the settings for my memory being set to 400Mhz, I manually changed it to 533mhz and set everything to auto, which went ahead and added +30mV to my memory but unfortunately I still get the crashing problem

Here are pictures of the current settings (which are unstable)

you can see the correct voltage is applied to the DIMM voltage

and the timings (all set to auto)

Comment

You need more than +30mV. This memory package requires at least +200mV.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                You need more than +30mV. This memory package requires at least +200mV.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT
                Well that worked wonderfully, I'm a little ignorant to this BIOS since it's brand new to me.

Well now I have it set to +200mV and it works fine on memtest.

Any changes in the timings on the last picture or other suggestions you have for tweaks or adjustments would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Also it appears something may still be missing, the memory passed through memtest86 fine but it still tends to crash applications that use them intensively.
                Last edited by mike689; 09-10-2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Your screen shots show 5-7-7-20, might try the stock ratings of 5-5-5-15

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                    Your screen shots show 5-7-7-20, might try the stock ratings of 5-5-5-15
                    I tried setting them to 5-5-5-15 with everything else on auto and tried the voltage at both +200mV and +220mV and both were unstable.

Comment

try 5-6-5-18.. Should do better result. Also set the DIMM Volt to +240-260mV (that should be around 2.10v exact which is nice). the 5-5-5-15 should also work with these voltages, if not hit the tRFC values to 127.5ns (or 68T/Clk) and tRC to between 26-30T.

(You don't need to adjust CPU Volts unless you overclock it.)
                      Last edited by genetix; 09-10-2009, 08:24 PM.
                      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Seems like the motherboard may not be picking up the advanced timings correctly, so let's enter them in manually.

5-5-5-15
                        tRC - 30
                        tWR - 8
                        tRRD - 4
                        tWTR - 4
                        tRFC 0 - 195
                        tRFC 1 - 127
                        tRFC 2 - 127
                        tRFC 3 - 127

That should do the trick.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by genetix View Post
                          try 5-6-5-18.. Should do better result. Also set the DIMM Volt to +240-260mV (that should be around 2.10v exact which is nice). the 5-5-5-15 should also work with these voltages, if not hit the tRFC values to 127.5ns (or 68T/Clk) and tRC to between 26-30T.

(You don't need to adjust CPU Volts unless you overclock it.)
                          I tried using 5-5-5-15 w/ +250mV as well as 5-6-5-18. I also tried setting the tRFC values and tRC but it still remains unstable. It just randomly will crash applications or BSOD.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                            Seems like the motherboard may not be picking up the advanced timings correctly, so let's enter them in manually.

5-5-5-15
                            tRC - 30
                            tWR - 8
                            tRRD - 4
                            tWTR - 4
                            tRFC 0 - 195
                            tRFC 1 - 127
                            tRFC 2 - 127
                            tRFC 3 - 127

That should do the trick.

Thank you
                            GSKILL SUPPORT
                            Hmmm. Well that was odd, I tried setting everything on there except the tWTR - 4 (which i forgot the first time) with a DIMM voltage of +250mV and that ended up blue screening, so i went back to the bios and added the tWTR and changed the voltage to +240mV and that resulted in my no longer being able to get monitor signal until I reset my CMOS.

Comment

BSODs are kinda tricky to resolve(Still 9 out of 10 just voltage problems still, however there's more troublesome situations since MemTest86+ info is missing), I would like know which test on MemTest86+ will fail on example CL5-6-5-15 setup I would know where to look for faulty timing or voltages. I'd need tests 5(full ~30-45seconds) & 7(paritially first 2 blocks "if you got 4")(~1-3mins). Run this if you can drop me the results of those tests (errors in this test 'a lot/couple' is find explainatory).

Keep the 240-260mV on these. I would also love to know what is the BIOS reading of vDIMM I see your screenshot when you set the 240-250mV on there?

.. URL: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
                              Last edited by genetix; 09-11-2009, 11:30 AM.
                              "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                              http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
                              X