MSI P35 Platinum & F2-8500CL5D-4GBTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI P35 Platinum & F2-8500CL5D-4GBTD

Has anyone had experience setting up DDR2 Trident F2-8500CL5D-4GBTD on a MSI P35 Platinum Combo motherboard. It's listed as being one of the compatible MB's but I have not been able to get it to work.

What's the problem? no POST, OS unstable, MemTest86+ failing?

(o side question do you have any other DDR2 sticks in house to troubleshoot? might need 1, if you got there one depending first what the issue is.)
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

When I first bought the ram & fitted it, it worked Ok for about a half hour before blue screening. Now it seems a bit erratic, if I put the ram in slots 1 & 3 it wont post, ... in slots 2 & 4 it will post and sometimes will load XP only to blue screen immediately. 1 stick of either, in 1 slot, seems to work OK. I tried upping the voltage to 2.0 & 2.1 with little or no improvement., cleared CMOS numerous times.

At present I have it running perfectly on my Gigabyte EP45UD3r after upping the voltage.

I'd prefer it on the MSI Mb as it's running a quad core whereas the Gigabyte is core duo.

I imagined that if ram was tested & approved for a particular Mb by the manufacturer of that ram , then it should work without any need for tweaking. Is this not the case????

Comment

Not always, when the RAM is manufactures, one lot may be a hair different from another, they might change SPD setting, etc (even chips).

But to your problem, have you checked each stick individually, also are you running stock settings? and voltage, also is Command Rate at 1T or 2T (prob want 2T)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Make sure to set memory frequency, timings, and voltage accordingly. If you continue to have issues, post up the default advanced timing values so we can see if there is anything picking up incorrectly by the motherboard. Or, simply post up screen shots of the BIOS and we will be able to troubleshoot much easier/faster.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X