F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on GA-MA790FX-UD5P w/ AM2+ X4 940

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on GA-MA790FX-UD5P w/ AM2+ X4 940

Having trouble running my memory stable at 1066Mhz with 5-5-5-15 timings. Tried raising ram voltage to 2.2 and NB to 1.2 but still error's in memtest and eventually gives BSOD. Running them in dual channel in the yellow slots on the motherboard. Runs fantastic at 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 timings but they are rated for 1066. Please Help!!!

Do you have the F4 BIOS? Will want timings at 5-5-5-15 (maybe 6-6-6-18), voltage should work at 2.1. Command Timings 2T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What CPU are we talking on?
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz

Comment

I have the F1 BIOS. I tried downloading the F4 BIOS but it said is was not compatible with 64-bit windows.

Comment

never ever flash from windows trust me on this one. Either use the BIOS to flash BIOS, if there is such options in BIOS or follow this correct procedure:

get their MS-DOS tool & flash with USB stick. Make bootable USB stick with tools: Winimage(extract bootdisk), bootdisk.com(get something like Win98 bootdisk) & HP USB Format tool(use the extacted bootdisk files to format USB).

----

On the BIOS dump those memories to CL6-6-5-17 and try with that to get stable 1066Mhz should work. However, yeah we are talking on Board compatibility with memory so BIOS has a lot to do with this.
            Last edited by genetix; 09-02-2009, 07:21 AM.
            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
            http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Try testing each memory module with the 1066 settings to make sure that a stick is not defective. If both work properly, then there is a setting issue. Keep me posted on the results and I will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X