Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA770-UD3 V2.0 and F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Hi,

I have tried to run G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK with 1066MHz (are in the compatibility list for that mainboard) but I was not able to get Prime95 and Memtest86+ to run without errors. I used also the autoconfig (EPP + EPP Voltage).

I got from a friend temporary some Corsair Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C5D (run with 2.1V) and they work fine with 1066MHz (no errors Prime95 and Memtest86+ 24 hours).

G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK run only fine (with Prime95 and Memtest86+) when run with 800MHz (tested for 24 hours). I was also able to get them down to 4-4-4-12 (stable) with 800MHz.

CPU: AMD X3 720 BE

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 V2.0

Do you have suggested settings for my mainboard to run them with 1066MHz, please?

Probably want to set them up manually to standard settings 5-5-5-15, voltage 2.1, Command rate 2T, if Okay you can try lowering the voltage to 2.0 and/or the command rate to 1T. If not Okay will want to check your tRFC and possibly raise it a bit to the vicinity of 60-62 (if that's how yours is rated, if not, then about 127 (in ns)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks a lot Tradesman, I'll try and let you know.

Comment

GA-MA770-UD3 V2.0 and F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Hi Tradesman
        I've tried 2.1 V and 5-5-5-15 (2T) (manual setting), but was not stable. I also tried 5-5-5-18 (suggested by some other users), same result. tRFC is 127.5 ns (cannot choose 127ns).

Anything else I could try, please?

Regards
        Thomas

Comment

maybe 6-6-6-18 and possibly raise the voltage to the CPU abit

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hmm, try keeping the CL5-5-5-15 and check tRRD (if you have) to 4-5T.

Drop us other BIOS values there is I do not think the real issue is on main latencies after CL5-6-5-18 as this would likely stabilize the system. Anyway, I think on CL5-5-5-15 it'll work just fine with couple ticks higher voltage & minor secondary value adjustment.
            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
            http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

5-5-5-15 2.120 v

Hm, still not working... tried 6-6-6-18 with 2.120V, Windows crashed.

Comment

Tried now something different. 2.140V, SPD on auto. Seems to get more relaxed settings, but still: Prime95 fails after 5 seconds.

Comment

That is really interesting actually, but ok.

Hmm, btw, that tRRD at 4T is too low for tRCD 7. has to be +/-2T maximum. Anyway, ignoring that. I ment high voltages what does Everest or AMD overdrive/nvidia control panel say memory voltage is at that 2.140V at OS?

High voltages 2.200-2.358v. Dunno the BIOS settings on your board, but these are actual voltages in the OS not in BIOS.

(Since Prime95 fails I'd still say the real issue is on motherboard voltages I know other memory spins on this, but I got the all mighty feeling, if this would be my board there's where I would find the problem).

-edit-

O fail to mention. IBT fails 100% sure while changing CLs with MemSet. So I assume prime95 does that too. Not really even sure if this Vista issue only, but I've tested hundreds of cases of RAM and it always happens. Basically best grounds for testing at vista would be test with MemTest86+ only from BIOS to DOS and visa versa as long it ain't stable forget windows and after it's stable with lowest voltage then pump the voltage +0.06-0.08v and test windows.
                  Last edited by genetix; 08-31-2009, 05:45 AM.
                  "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:

Comment

Thanks Genetix.

I don't change the timings with MemSet, I'm changing it in the BIOS. I just used it to publish the settings in this forum.

I will check the voltage results with Everest and let you know.

BTW I'm using Windows XP (sorry for that). I also check with Memtest86+, just usually fails later...

Regards
                    Thomas

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for helping. Voltage is reported correctly in Windows XP with AMD overdrive.

I think I give up...

Regards
                      Thomas

Comment

Your BIOS should look like this:

Set Memory Clock - Manual
                        Memory Clock - x5.33 1066MHz
                        DCTs Mode - Unganged

System Voltage Control - Manual
                        DRAM Voltage - 2.1V

DRAM Configuration (submenu)
                        CAS# Latency - 5
                        RAS to CAS R/W Delay - 5
                        Row Precharge Time - 5
                        Minimum RAS Active Time - 15
                        1T/2T Command Timing - 2
                        TwTr Command Delay - 4
                        Trfc 0 for DIMM1 - 195
                        Trfc 2 for DIMM2 - 127.5
                        Trfc1 for DIMM3 - 127.5
                        Trfc3 for DIMM4 - 127.5

Write Recovery Time - 8
                        Precharge Time - 4
                        Row Cycle Time - 27
                        RAS to RAS Delay - 4

If it does not work with these settings, try each stick individually to see if one is defective.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Precharge Time / BIOS FB

Precharge Time: there is only 3T or 2T available (in BIOS Version FB), but no 4T.

Comment

Nonstop Fail

I just returned from a complete Windows crash (instantly black and reboot), only a moment after I wrote my above comment.

With the given settings, i can't run Windows XP Desktop stable for more then 10 minutes, Games crashes after some minutes.

Even @ 2.140Volt.

Until now, only default SPD (DDR2 800) @ 1.840Volt runs for hours (1.800Volt seems not stable for longer durations).

BIOS Version: FB
                            Last edited by Microman; 09-12-2009, 02:03 AM.

Comment

@Microman

This doesn't sound anything like memory crash at all to my hearing. This sounds exactly like North bridge/HT would be failing when added in full stress. If memory crashes it will like in 99% of cases dump an BSOD on screen because the system is still active in CPU and that will dump the memory.

On memory side add tRC(Row Cycle Time) to 29T. if you can adjust tWR(Write Recovery Time) above 8T 10T would be nice. What goes to voltage this memory can take 2.4v. So just keep it between 2.1-2.2v always (referring to your saying "Even @ 2.140Volt.", if this is 'even with' 'what's the usual').
                              Last edited by genetix; 09-12-2009, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X