My Setup:
    Asus M4A78-E
    AMD Phenom II X3 720
    G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    -DDR2-1066 - 2T Unganged
    -5-5-5-15 @ 2.1V
    -HT: 1.3V - 1.4V
    -NB: 1.3V

My computer restarts automatically after a couple seconds of Memtest 3.5. Single sticks run just fine but when I run both in Dual Channel my computer would restart. This happens with all stock cpu settings and memory settings set as above.

I tried Memtest 3.4 from the bootable CD and it seems to run just fine on Test #5. Also on a sidenote, Memtest does not show the memory as runnig 533/1066Mhz, it is always lower than that. Is this normal? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

NB Voltage will onyl need to be 1.2V max if you are using only 2 memory sticks. Post up the default Advanced Timings, there may be a value slightly off causing you instability.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Here is the info from the DRAM Timing Configuration Screen. I am using the latest BIOS from ASUS as well.

DRAM Command Rate: 2T
      DRAM Timing Mode: Both

DCT0 1st Information: 5-5-5-3(5)-15-32-8-7
      TCL: 5
      TRCH: 5
      TRP: 5
      TRTP: AUTO
      TRAS: 15
      TRC: AUTO
      TWR: AUTO
      TRRD: AUTO

DCT0 2nd Information: 7-127.5-75
      TWTR: AUTO
      TRFC0: AUTO
      TRFC1: AUTO

DCT1 1st Information: All settings on auto.

Comment

NB Voltage will only need to be 1.2V with 2 sticks. For timings, several of them are incorrect. Set them manually and that should solve the issue.

TRRD - 4
        TWTR - 4
        TRFC0 - 195
        TRFC1 - 127.5

Keep me posted on the results

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the settings. Unfortunately Memtest still crashes with those settings. I have changed to a new AMD Phenom II X4 955 as well.

Comment

Did you set the speed manually to 1066?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes in BIOS it is set to the option 1067.

Comment

Try entering these settings manually:

TCL: 5
                TRCH: 5
                TRP: 5
                TRTP: AUTO
                TRAS: 15
                TRC: 30
                TWR: 8 or 10
                TRRD: 5

TWTR: 4
                TRFC0: 195
                TRFC1: 195

Let me know how that works.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Memtest crashes half way through Pass #2.

Comment

Have you tested each stick individually? Might do that and if both good, then try again begiining at 800MHz as opposed to 1066, and work your way up. might only be able to hit maybe 1033 with the combo, or may have a bad stick

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm having these same issues and I have the same set up. Don't think it's bad memory

Comment

Correction... I am still getting the blue screen after logging in when I configure the BIOS any different from default config.

Comment

Try testing each stick individually. Both sticks should be able to operate at 1066 individually; if not you may have a bad stick.

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

By default I meant that everything was set to Auto. This time around I simply changed the Freq from Auto to 1067, and it is working great.

I haven't run any tests yet, other than running Flight Sim X with Tile Proxy, which in itself is a demanding program.

Whether or not I'm getting optimal performance.. I don't know. I'll still need to run Ramtest 3.5

** Update - No good. Computer froze while watching something on Hulu. Reset the BIOS to default, all is back to normal. Have another 4GB's coming in the mail though.
                            Last edited by atmos_sc; 09-10-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X