Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2-8500CL6D-4GBBNQ Computer completley halts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL6D-4GBBNQ Computer completley halts..

While sometimes playing games, my computer completley freezes. And by this i mean nothing on the screen moves, keyboard is still lit up (g15) mouse is still lit up (g5) headset is still lit up (steelseries 3h) but nothing works. The fans are still spinning. And i'm starting to wonder if its the ram. Can ram cause symptoms like the ones ive described?

system specs :
    E6320 @ 3ghz (1.325v)
    Evga GTX 260 core 216
    Ram : 4gb gskill
    Motherboard : ASUS P5QL Pro
    Harddrives : 320gb seagate + 160gb western digital
    PSU : 500w antec basiq

I know that my psu is cutting it close with my system but if it was a psu problem, wouldnt my pc shut off?

I have the ram timings at 6-6-6-18, speed at 860mhz and voltage at 2v. Any help is appreciaated.
    Last edited by consume; 08-23-2009, 09:33 PM.

Try testing each memory module individually to see if one is defective. One defective stick may cause these issues, so try them individually to make sure that neither has an issue. Make sure to set memory frequency, timings, and voltage accordingly as well. Keep us posted on the results and we will be able to assist you.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

It might be RAM, but I'd also look at CPU voltage, your running a massive OC, what? 1720 on the front side to 3GHz?. What your describing also sounds like under volting, for an OC like yours w/ your CPU I'd prob be running at least 1.375 to close to 1.4, and monitor your CPU temps.
      Last edited by Tradesman; 08-24-2009, 08:03 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
      X