F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail, problems using both sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail, problems using both sticks

I recently purchased the F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail 4G retail pack for my computer. I have an MSI P6N SLI board and an Intel Core 2 6300 @ 1.86GHz running Vista Home Premium (64). I was running 4x of 512 in my computer with no problems before. I took all of that ram out and put in the two 2G sticks and my computer slowed to a crawl taking over 45 min to boot up and making it unusable. I tried both sticks individualy and they both worked fine. I tried different slot combinations (my board has 4 of them) with no luck. I replaced the old ram to ensure that the slots were all still good, and it worked fine. Just whenever i put both sticks of the 2G ram in, my computer slows down. My computer is recognizing both sticks when they are in for a total of 4G of ram. Please help!!

HAve you set the timings manually to match your new stick's specs? May also have to set the voltage and command rate for your new ones. Your mobo is rated for the 6400 RAM but the chipset (650) can be iffy with it's AUTO settings. Also check and make sure you have the latest BIOS updated.

Timings 5-5-5-15
    voltage 1.9
    Command rate 2T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I would set the timings, but i'm not sure what the 5-5-5-15 relates to. In my RAM settings there are several different settings to change and i'm not exactly sure which ones i need to do. Is anyone famialier with the bios that can walk me through it?

Comment

tCL (CAS) = 5
        tRCD = 6
        tRP = 5
        tRAS = 15

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Awwsome. I'm going to assume that i just leave the rest of the settings on auto then?

Comment

errr and on a side note, you put tRCD=6, i thought it was 5-5-5-15?
            Just want to make sure. Thanks.

Comment

Typo - sorry bout that it's suppose to be 5.

What's your mobo and what FSB are you running, may want to kick it up and OC a bit.

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X