Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK with MA790GP-UD4H Gigabyte board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK with MA790GP-UD4H Gigabyte board.

Problems running mem @ 1066 frequency. Have tried all settings recommended on this forum that pertain to same mem and gigabyte boards. That was with the F3 BIOS. Gigabyte this week released a F5 BIOS for said board, to which I installed. Seems to be more stable then previous one, but stills get BOD at some point or another. Can you help me G Skill Tech?

OK, timings at 5-5-5-15. command rate 2T, voltage 2.1 (can prob drop to 2.0 when stable), tRFC to 70. If stable at these settings can prob drop tRFC a bit at a time. If not stable may have to raise NB voltage a tick or so.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, so I am currently running with what you have told me with the exception of the tRFC. There is no setting for 70, however I do have 75, 105, 127.5(default), 195, 327.5. Therefore I set it to 105 for now, as it would not boot properly set at 75. Also, I raised my NB Voltage to 1.375 which is only three steps above default of 1.3. Seems ok for now. I'll post back should something arise.

Comment

NB Voltage only needs to be 1.2V for 2 sticks. For tRFC, set that at 127.5. If you have stability issues, try 195. Keep us posted on the results.

Make sure to properly set memory frequency, timings, and voltage as well.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Alright, things seem to be running stable @ 1066. NB voltage 1.2 and tRFC @ 127.5ns. I have also set my DIMM Voltage to 2.1 for now, and my timings are 5-5-5-15. I am going to attempt to drop that to 2.0 but not right away. I'll post once I do. Thanks

Comment

Sounds good, have fun!

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, this board is for sure not stable unless the VDIMM Voltage is set to 2.1v. Tried even @ 2.050 and 2.0 but no go. So there we have it. Love this board anyway, very nice! Thanks to the G Skill admins and mods for your assistance. It was a pop shot buying this ram but i am pleased with it, and would purchase again in the future.

Comment

And just a reminder, that voltage setting and all settings actually are working with the F5 BIOS, and not with the F3. So upgrade if the need is there.

Comment

Have you tried the tRFC at 195 and the voltage at 2.0?

Tman

Comment

No I haven't, but I will. Let you know what happens.

Comment

No worky Tried those settings and BSOD. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Could try looser timings , i.e. 6-6-6-18

Tman

Comment

hello, there..

Won't go with 2.0-2.1v. It simply isn't gonna work on this board. The boot issues seems to be basically sure caused by motherboard voltages, but the main issue on 1066Mhz after it boots up will still be on memory voltage.

CL5-5-4-14 should be just fine on 2 sticks on 4 sticks lose it to 5-6-6-18 and drop the tRC some hammer 33T should do.

(This is my suggestion/advice is drop these on Memtest86+ as long the Test 5 fails (run the couple second test in full) increase the voltage all the way up to 2.20-2.30v, if needed.)

-edit-

fail to mention you might wanna add tRRD equal as the tRCD in all helps on stabilize for start.
                          Last edited by genetix; 08-30-2009, 01:51 PM.
                          "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                          http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
                          X