• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with F2-8500-CL5D-4GBPI and Asus P5QL-SE

Here are my system specs:

Asus P5QL-SE bios version 0611
    Intel E6300 2,8 Ghz
    GSkill F2-8500-CLD5-4GBPI (2x2Gb)
    GeForce GTX260 216c OC from factory (Gigabyte)
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W PSI
    Thermaltake M9 Case
    Scythe SHURIKEN Rev.B CPU Cooler
    WD 640GB Black Edition WD6401AALS SATA II 32MB HDD

And the problem: I cant manage to OC my system. Even with a little 10% OC profile the system becomes inestable. I think its caused by memmory misconfiguration because the latencys seems to be incorrect. I also dont know the correct Voltage values...
    Im also having low performance both on benchmarks (syntetic and game) and in games.

Can someone help me?

Here are some pics of CPU-Z:

Thanks a lot

May want to upgrade BIOS to 0612, basic timings at 5-5-5-15, voltage at 2.1, command rate 2T, tRFC up to 62

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Your BIOS is completely screwed up. First, your main issue is your processor settings. Set CPU Host Frequency to 333. Change CPU Clock Ratio to 10 X. For CPU VCore, set that at 1.30V. Right now you're running at 1.6GHz, so this change will already double your speed.

Now for memory, manually set everything. Memory frequency 1066. Memory timings 5-5-5-15- CMD 2T (although you are running 1T right now, so you might wanna change that back after everything is stable jsut to see if it will work) Memory voltage 2.1V.

Save and exit and your computer should be flying.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Well i did it. And i had same results. I managed to OC FSB to 333 x 10.5, that makes CPU run at 3,5Ghz, and FSB at 1335, but memory runs at 1002 Mhz.

I tried disabling C1E, C-State, setting multiplier manually, disabling SpeedStep and Max CPUID
        Setting memory V to 2,13 and mem freq to 1335 (but dunno why it still running at the middle option, 1002)
        Also tried auto and the lowest NB and SB Voltages, Vcore over V, FSB Term, CPU V and CPU GTL to auto. PCI-E fixed at 100 Mhz.
        I set memory latency to 5-5-5-15-6-52-3-3-5. I cant set 1T or 2T, is a intel P43 chipset.

But im unable to go up to this. Seems like its stable at this settings, i did a 10 pass IntelBurningTest with no problems. Also did the Windows7 memory test, no errors... but every time i try to go up to 333 mhz bus it dont start.

Any idea?

Comment

FSB Strap to Northbridge set to AUTO? NB Voltage is fine at 1.2V, CPU PLL can be slightly raised +0.1V or so. Make sure memory frequency is DDR2-1066 and it should definitely operate at that speed.

If you happen to have a digital camera, post up some screen shots and we will be able to see exactly what may be wrong.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

for G.Skill:
            Just for information.. That's a new E6x00 45nm core, FSB frequency is 266Mhz Quad-pumped. not 333Mhz. Only thing he had which makes it look weird is Intel Speedstep on or C1E. Core is multi 6x->10.5x 266 = ~2.8Ghz

and to the board...

And for second the problem in OC on that board is the voltages. Set all board voltages manually when you OC. The board defaults OC voltages way beyond the safety limits for example RAM will be at 2.448v.

Do not OC, set the Strap on memory to correlate the 1066Mhz on 266Mhz FSB. Try with that and you should get it working. When you OC you need different multi on memory Strap that will not fly below CL6 and 2.2v on vDIMM. Also the so called 'Enable RAM Static Read' = this controls automated tRD (or performance level) to stabilize enable the Static Read and drop the booster to Auto. See what the perfomance level is in BIOS (should run with this just fine,but..), if it's unstable +1T to Performance level and disable static read same time.
            Last edited by genetix; 08-30-2009, 02:32 PM.
            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
            http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Thanks alot for the replies, i was out almost all this week, but i will take some pics this night of my bios options because its a bit hard for me find what you say me to change in it (every mark and model call things in a different way, you know...)

And yes, is the new Pentium E6300, 2Mb cache, 45nm @ 2,8 Ghz and 266 quadpumped FSB, not the same as the old 65nm Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1,8 Ghz

Comment

Basically all you need is Memory controller strap speed. (266Mhz would be 1:2 ideal in this case (with stock speeds) I think since on 266Mhz strap you'll get 1066Mhz memory speeds + the tRD is ridigulous low when you set static read 'enabled' + Ai Booster as 'Auto'). Very fast compination in this case.

the CLs when you use this setup
                CL: 5T
                tRCD: 6T
                tRP: 5-6T
                tRAS: 13-15T
                tRRD: 4-5T

and boot this up with 1060-1069Mhz (what ever it says near this), with 2.1v on vDIMM/RAM Voltage. North Bridge Voltages at 1.39v-1.41v (Check on your Windows with Lavalys Everest the North bridge real voltage should be 1.440v with 3 digits on everest for these speeds. at 2.1v on RAM at bios real voltage should be 2.200v. Although this should spin even 2.0v on BIOS but hell with that better make sure it has the power).

Also for you to consider. The quad pumped FSB won' t go this high the memory can act as REAL performance only up-to how fast your North bridge will let it. Any other modification DRAM:FSB Ratio increase like 1:2 is only memory inside copying speed and helps you to go to no where faster. That's why people on net suggests 1:1 setups since this is fastest. Even while I said not to OC of course you OC this thing. Hell that E6300 will dump 5Ghz on screen even. Nearly an dream core for OCing. So, FSB333-400 would be pretty ideal that's 10.5x### even on 333Mhz ~3,5Ghz on core + 800Mhz DRAM with Memory controller strap to 333Mhz & latencies like CL4-4-4-12 rest as Auto (static read enabled and 'strongest' Clock twister). Would give you around 8000-8500MB/s very very stable memory speeds + that'll gonna spin on tRD 5T which is like lightning fast.

Hopefully this helps in understanding how or what way you get this monster moving faster.
                Last edited by genetix; 08-31-2009, 05:34 AM.
                "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:

Comment

Hmm, I happen to just be buying this at model E6500 + ASUS-P5QPL-AM cheap board here.

Seems the Voltage detection on OS through SMBus are totally wrong use SMBus through ACPI corrects this (but you need to disable ACPI 2.0 specs on BIOS). The board defaults CPU voltage so high that I see mountains.. (lol) 1.304v on stock 266Mhz. damn, that's high should be compatible straight OC to 3,6Ghz and easily. Although setups are so sad that damn and NB cooling is saddest thing I have seen EVER.

Anyway, Seems to work best on when you set memory speed to 667Mhz on BIOS on 266Mhz will be fastest and most stable while OC. I managed to ad it to 1066Mhz, but even 800Mhz was faster as board simply doesn't go faster than 8700MB/s on 266Mhz. Suggest CL4-4-4-10 and OC from 667. Damn, fast board never the less for surprice.

there's my 2 cents for this board.

Comment

Working...
                  X