Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + GA-MA790X-UD4P + Phenom x2 940 Won't even boot

Hi,

As I've posted before in the sticky i keep getting the reboot.

What i have:

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK x2
    GA-MA790X-UD4P
    Phenom 940 x2 BE
    XFX 4890 Radeon
    HD 640 gb black WD cavier
    Xigmatek s1283
    750 corsair powersupply
    Window 7 RC

It won't even boot now, i used to be able to boot with the big fan pointing at the ram, now it wont even boot after I tried placing 8 gb ram.

I was running the setting in the sticky and was running fine at 6 gb ram + a house fan (those big standing fan pointing at the cpu).

If i didn't have the fan cooling the computer, it will shut down.

Please advise how to boot it up again and how to make this run stable. i've tried removing all the parts, all the ram and putting it back together again, but still fail.

Please help, I am super frustrated.

Can you even boot with 1 stick?

Comment

Try each stick by itself, the pair them up and try , i.e 4 stick, 1,2,3,4 try #1 with #2, the #1 with #3 the #1 with #4. Then try #2 with #, etc. Also try 1 stick by itself in each slot to make sure a slot hasn't gone south.

Check all your voltages to make sure nothing is over volted. Set FSB and CPU to stock if OCing and if not, ensure it is running at stock. Might also pull your CPU heatsink, reapply thermal compound and reseat.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yea i tried, 1 stick, paired, slot 2, 4, slot 2,3 etc.
        basically i tried it with all combination.

it wont even boot now. wtf.. everything just turns on, but it wont go into bios.

i cleared the cmos as well..

Comment

If it won't boot with a single stick in slot 1 (try at least a couple of the sticks) then it is prob either the mobo or CPU. Have you tried reseating the CPU?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

no unfortunately, i try not to touch the cpu as much as possible..

o well, ncix was nice enough to rma the mobo, ram, and cpu for me

so ill just let them handle it. i've had too much frustration to deal with this right now..

Comment

If you got there another sticks on hands. Use them go to BIOS and hit up CL6-6-6-18.. power down > power up so the values are changed. Dump in the G-skill pair and it should POST. Then make sure the MCH is stable with those CLs and after that's good retry the normal values at CL5. usually keep getting booted is an motherboard MCH voltage issue or of course Memory error on too tight latencies or too low voltage. In that specific order. I'd start finding problems on MCH first.

hmm, house fan? yeah, that's nice anyway, if you happen to have any 120mm fans or something dump on straight in front of your North Bridge. That's the only place in the box you need to cool down. (considering GPU and CPU having own fans and HDs can stand up to 62c usually running without anything around 42-52c which is fine). Anyway, best idea would be that NB would be around 31-48 degrees maximum. 38-43c is nice...
              Last edited by genetix; 08-18-2009, 10:54 PM.
              "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
              http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

thanks for the heads up.
                but unfortunately, i cant even get the cpu to post anymore..

i rmaed it, shipped it, now i gotta wait a month for my parts to be tested and returned, i cant wait for it to be problem free

Comment

Let us know when you get it back

Tman

Comment

update, just got it back this week, havent really tested it yet, but it seems to be running stable. so it was the stupid mobo that was causing me so much suffering

mobo got rma-ed

Comment

I feel your pain mate.. Heh, been waiting GTX275 for couple weeks now I'm running PCI GPU from year 1994, atm (not much use for 4Ghz Quad with this setup, hehe...).
                      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

That's what I was afraid of, but s..tuff happens. Hopefully all will go well, keep us posted

Tman

Tman

Comment

for as many solid reviews i have seen on this board im stunned to see so much grief. i myself had bought this mobo and i just sent it back for a replacement. kinda sucks that a mobo with such great features has so many problems.

Comment

Glad to here it's back and stable now, RMAs are a pain, that was what about a three week turn over, some take a lot longer....had one friend/client that had to RMA a mobo from ASUS she had bought on her own, I gave her one of my systems as a loaner, thinking about the same, 3 weeks or so, it took them 6 weeks and they sent her a refurb that had two bad SATA ports, needless to say h*++ was raised.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X