Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-2gbpk x2+ga-ep45-ud3r

Hello,

I have F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK RAM kit on my mobo GA-EP45-UD3R since several months and it works great. I just added an additional kit to reach 4Go of memory but the pc crashes very early during the program loading of my windows session (each time). memtest shows a lot of errors while running the modules with these BIOS settings :
    DRAM voltage 2,1V
    Timings 5-5-5-15 (manual)

If I tune the modules to run at 800Mhz instead of 1066 with the BIOS settings from above they work like a charm, but I need 1066 for overclocking purposes.

Do you have any BIOS settings to suggest? A previous post describes exactly the very same situation but it seems aborted.

Motherboard : GA-EP45-UD3R
    Memory : F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK
    Processor : Intel C2Q6600

Thank you.

Should run with the timings you have - set command rate to 2T, voltage to 2.0 (may have to go 2.1 depending on your power supply and actual output, in the advanced timings you'll want

tRRD 4
    tWR 13
    tRFC 70
    tWTR 4
    tRTP 4

Should be good to go, had same setup running Q6600 at 3.6 for awhile
    Last edited by Tradesman; 08-13-2009, 08:34 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Is there specific test in MemTest86+ what gives you 'a lot of errors' perhaps Test 5 only or something ?
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Whaw, quick answers!

Thank you Tradesman for the timings, but it did not solve my problem. I still have a lot of errors in memtest (running at 2,1V).

Genetix, there are always errors at test 2 and test 3, but actually I couldn't go through this one because memtest crashes during test 3. I'm wondering if overheating could be involved here. The CPU cooler (a CNPS9500) aspirates the air right in front of the RAM modules so I think my setup is correctly ventilated.

So I'm still stuck.
        But thank you guys.
        Any other ideas?

Comment

So you have 4 sticks of 1GB? Raise your NB Voltage to 1.4V and that should stabilize the memory controller. If you are still having issues, you may need to look into your Advanced Memory Timings and raise tRFC to 68. If you still have issues after that, list the default values for Advanced Timings and we will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT
          Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 08-14-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Yes I have four 1GB sticks.
            The pc keeps on freezing during memtest with these settings:
            -Memory frequency: 1066 (266x4)

-DRAM timings: 5-5-5-15
            -Advanced timings (as default except CMD :
            tRRD 4
            tWTR 4
            tWR 13
            tRFC 68
            tRTP 4
            Command rate 2 (default was 0)

-MHC Core 1,4V
            -MHC reference 0,76V
            -MHC/DRAM reference 0,9V
            -ICH I/O 1,5V
            -ICH Core 1,1V

-Dram voltage 2,1V
            -Dram termination 0,9V
            -Channel A reference 0,9V
            -Channel B reference 0,9V

Actually the pc is really unstable at these settings, it just got frozen two times when I was looking in the BIOS settings.
            Thank you.

Comment

Finally had a chance to reconfigure my UD3R, put in your RAM and CPU (B3 stepping, but if u have the G0 shouldn't be any different). Other than setting the RAM voltage to 2.0, and entering the timings manaullay (5-5-5-15) you ought to be able to run everything else at AUTO under either Vista or WIN7 at up to a 1333 FSB (CPU @ 3GHz)

You will want to have either the F8 or F9 BIOS, (should have asked about your BIOS earlier...sorry bout that)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, maybe my mobo has a problem because:
                -BIOS is F9 (I should have written that earlier)
                -At 2.0V, timings set and the rest on auto, the RAM is still freaky.
                -(my CPU is a GO stepping, right)

By the way my motherboard is a Rev 1.0 UD3R. I don't know if it changes something for RAM stability.

I'm returning the mobo and RAM to my vendor for tests.

Thank you!!!

Comment

If all was well with your initial set, am guessing one or both sticks or your new set is hinky. Hope all goes well for you

Tman

Comment

Actually both sets of RAM work perfectly when I use them separately. Problems are only emerging when four sticks are plugged at the same time. Seems like a mobo stress here.

A huge thank to everyone helped me, especially you Tradesman.
                    Take care.

Comment

What OS are you running? Is it 64bit?

Tman

Comment

Win xp 32 bits, but I plan to switch to Seven 64.

Comment

If it's 32, you're only going to be able to use 3-3.4 GB, and depending on what drivers you have for your hardware, with the 4 GB installed it can mess things up. Have you tried running only 3GB, that may be your answer till you go 64bit. There are sone TV tuner cards that go ape with more than 3GB and XP, also a couple of card readers don't like it, a couple of the MS cordless keyboard mouse combos also had problems.

Tman

Comment

Since memtest running on a bootable cd tells that the memory is a complete mess, the windows distribution type or the drivers of peripherals have no impact.

But these parameters would have an importance if memtest wouldn't have shown errors and if the system would be crashing when running windows, I think.

But thanks for helping.

Comment

Sorry bout that, had been going off comment "but the pc crashes very early during the program loading of my windows session (each time)" from early on - and - that they test perfectly when run individually. Have you tried w/ three sticks, just to see what happens? Your sets might have different SPDs.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X