F2-8000CL5 2x2g and GA-MA78GM-S2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8000CL5 2x2g and GA-MA78GM-S2H

I'm running 2 2gig sticks of gskill f28000 ram on a GA-MA78-S2H mobo, 650w power supply and a 9850be processor.

Basicly anytime I try to adjust the memory to the specs it's intended to run at the computer either freezes or won't post.

Has anybody found a stable setup for this yet? I'd really like to take advantage of the ram I bought because it seems rather underclocked atm..

thanks in advance!

Have you configured the memory frequency, timings, and voltage in the BIOS? Also, what is the specific memory package you have? Please follow this sticky and let me know how it goes.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1289

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail

thats the description on newegg.

I've tried everything in the bios that people say to do, but haven't had any success with getting the ram to 2.1v or 1000.

Comment

I just tried the config in the sticky and windows refused to boot. I had to wait a few minutes before my computer would even let me back into the bios settings.

any other idea?

Comment

Is it running at 800 Okay? if so what CPU are you running? Some won't take higher than 800, your mobo is for either AM2 or AM2+

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

800 seems to run ok, but i bought them for the 1000 spec. I had 4gig worth of a-data ram in here before this and got these as a upgrade and so far they haven't been living up to it.

I'm running a 9850 black edition quad core and it's only oc'd to 2.8ghz.

Right now cpuz is only picking these up as pc2-6400 (400mhz)

Comment

Try these settings,

DRAM Configuration (submenu)
              DDRII Timing - Manual
              CAS Latency - 5T
              RAS to CAS R/W Delay - 5T
              Row Precharge Time - 5T
              Minimum RAS Active Time - 15T
              1T/2T Command Timing - 2T
              TwTr Command Delay - 3T
              Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 195ns
              Trfc2 for DIMM2 - 127.5ns
              Trfc1 for DIMM3 - 127.5ns
              Trfc3 for DIMM4 - 127.5ns
              Write Recovery Time - 8T
              Precharge Time - 4T
              RAS to RAS Delay - 5T

Set Memory Clock - Manual
              Memory Clock - 1000
              DDR2 Voltage Control - +0.2V
              Northbridge Voltage Control - +0.1V

Keep me posted on the results.

The reason why CPU-z is picking it up as pc2-6400 (400mhz) is because that is the JEDEC maximum standard for the motherboard. Anything above is considered an Enhanced Performance Profile. It is slightly more tricky because you are trying to reach an odd frequency of DDR2-1000.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

didn't work.

I never make it past the initial screen before it stops.

Also the max settings on Write recovery time is 6T, Precharge is 3T, and 1066 is my only option past 800.

Any ideas or am I pretty much out of luck?

Comment

Precharge time should be 1T
                  Leave the write recover at 6T (basically higher clocks allows your motherboard to go to 8T or should)
                  1066Mhz probably is the only option as it doesn't allow separated controller speeds.
                  "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                  http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

You need to set CPU Host Frequency accordingly so that memory frequency allows 1000 rather than 1066.

What is your current CPU Host Frequency? it should be 266, once you change that to 275, the 1000 option for memory frequency should show up. Then try the settings I previously stated. Of course it didn't work before if you were trying to push the memory to 1066.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

just for side comment:
                      How again you imaging using your XMP on these conditions I wonder. Since otherwise memory drive
                      speeds are different.
                      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
                      X