Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ working on GigaByte GA-EP45-UD3L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ working on GigaByte GA-EP45-UD3L?

I brought F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ and GA-EP45-UD3L for my new build. My CPU is a Q8200. I put in only 1 stick of memory on slot 4 for the initial testing. When I turn on the power the first time, all I got is a continuous short beeping. After around 15 times of short beeping, the machine reboot itself and the same beeping happened again. The only thing I can do is swithing off the power supply. There's no POST message display on screen and there's no signal detected by my monitor. I finally reseat my memory from slot 4 to slot 2 and the whole thing work without any issue. The machine boot up and I can installed WinXP Pro and everything seems quite stable so far. I can play game, e.g. Need for speed undercover, for couple hours without crashing. However, whenever I tried to put in my 2nd stick in slot 3 or slot 4, same problem happened, the continuous short beeping and reboot. My motherboard came with bios version F2 and I updated to the latest one F5C. The situation changed a little bit. I can see the first screen displayed on my monitor but then the system reboot and first screen displayed and reboot again. This time no more beeping. I'm not sure if anyone have the same problem or not. Will that be a compatibility issue between the memory and the motherboard? I did contact Gigabyte support to see if this is a faulty motherboard but their respond is quite slow so far. Both stick of memory seems to work if being used alone on slot 2. The reason I'm not using slot 1 is because my tower Heatsink is to close to slot 1. I didn't try other memory as yet because I don't have access to one but will try to do it this coming weekend. Any comment is welcome.

EDIT

The only bios setting I've changed is the DRAM voltage. I changed it from auto to 2.0V.
    Last edited by Uncle Bill; 07-24-2009, 06:59 AM. Reason: Added more info.

Have you set the timings manually to meet the advertised spec for your package? 6-6-6-18 with the command rate at 2T? If the sticks are installed at 'default' timings for the mobo, the may not match up.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Use slot 2 to boot up and configure the memory settings in BIOS, memory frequency, memory timings, memory voltage, then when that is complete install the other stick in slot 4 and it should be working properly.

This motherboard should be able to boot up and just go though...

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi Tradesman and GSkill Tech, I did the changes but it still didn't boot up. After I did the change and insert my 2nd stick in slot 4, nothing displayed and the original problem occurred. The machine keep beeping and reboot itself. Once I removed the 2nd stick from slot 4, the system boot up without any problem.

I tried set the memory frequency down to 800, didn't work.

I borrowed some memory from a friend, use default setting and same problem. Set the frequency down to 800, same problem again.

It seems to me that it's a motherboard issue. Still waiting for Gigabyte support to get back to me.

Comment

Yep, need a new motherboard for sure. This model mobo is either good (plug n play) or they are bad (nothing works), it's obvious in this case too.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

hmm, gigabyte probably will suggest this, but add 1 block of memory in board only on slot A2 or second slot on first controller and perform an CMOS reset to the board and POST it up. Check for updates to BIOS as soon up and when it's updated add second memory block in the B2 or second slot of second controller. (can't now remember did Gigabyte have an own dual channel setting on 2 blocks on first controller so check that on manual before adding the other block.)

Anyway, seems bad board, but not convinced as seen so many of these boards turning just fine also. Accepting new memory doesn't always go straight up as it affects entire USB, IDE anything on-board it seems time to time.
            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
            http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

I exchange a new board today. It just "plug and play". Everything is working now even without changing anything in BIOS. Thanks.

Comment

Great, enjoy and Have a gud 1 !

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X