8gb f2-8500cl5d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8gb f2-8500cl5d

I'm building my own desktop computer, and haven't been able to get 8gb of memory running. I purchased this memory after reading comments that users had gotten 8gb of this memory running on my specific motherboard. I can run 4gb successfully, but 8gb causes system instability and immediate Memtest86+ errors. What can I tweak to get this memory running optimally?
    • Mem: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    • Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
    • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

Set Performance Enhance to Standard. System Memory Multiplier needs to be configured for 1066. Change DRAM Timing Selectable to Manual and set 5-5-5-15 for the timing values. Then enter Advanced Timing Control, change Command Rate CMD to 2. For tRFC you'll need to do some trial and error, so start at 60 and if it's not stable raise it till 70 max. Lastly, look for voltages and change MCH Core to 1.3V. DRAM Voltage to 2.1V.

Save and exit and see if it will be more stable. All other settings should always be set that way, so the only thing you will need to tinker with a bit is the tRFC if it is still a little unstable.

Keep me posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I set everything according to the above specs, with tRFC set to 60, and it seems to be working excellently. It passed Memtest86+ without error, and the system seems to be stable. If I have problems, I'll try adjusting the tRFC and repost my findings.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Here are my specs

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
        LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

G.SKILL 8GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model

SAPPHIRE 100225L Radeon HD 3870 512MB
        256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

I'm having trouble running keeping my system stable. I get the BSOD, blue screen of death, when trying to install both 32 and 64 bit Vista with this message "irql_not_less_or_equal". I've tried using your settings to no avail.

I've also tried using memtest86+, 4x on each stick individually. Individually they all passed. When I used 2 sticks for a 4GB total, they passed. However, when I use 8GB it doesn't pass. Please help

Comment

Try doing the install w/ only 2GB or possibly 4GB, then add the rest, should load Okay.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X