Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066 problem. Reading as 400mhz max??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066 problem. Reading as 400mhz max??

PC28500 is reading as PC26400? Not sure whats going on here. How do I get it to hit the 1066 speed?

I'm Using:
    ASUS P5Q-EM LGA 775
    G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

This could be any of a number of things.
    What does it show in your BIOS? 800 or 1066?
    It could be how this particular version of CPU-Z is reading the mobo/ram combo - it is known to misread various combos.

Could try Everest, Si-Sandra, etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

PC2-6400 is the JEDEC standard on your motherboard so that is the max CPUz will read as for the combination. Check and see if you have the latest BIOS. If your BIOS is showing 1066, then that is what it's running at. Or you may want to try a diff version or another program as Tradesman suggested. And in case you don't know, those values shown are x2, meaning 400MHz is DDR2 800 and 533MHz is DDR2 1066.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Stick BIOS DRAM Voltage to 2.1v (Yes, I know this is actually 2.224v at OS it will go lower, but for full stability use this one).

Use Manual Config
        Add tRFC to 70T (This is calculated at 69.xT so 52 won't be enough).
        Add TWR (Write Recover) to 7T (This is calculated to be 14.3333T so 7T = 16T actual)
        Add 'DRAM Static Read Control' to 'Enable' use Strongest setting you got on the 'Clock Twister' setting and use Performance Level/Ai Booster at 'Auto'

Should kick pretty nice results. Vista ain't gonna like it on start but as soon you finish the Vista's own performance test it'll start settling down. MemTest86+ will be clean even on CL5-5-4-15 and you can 'punctuate' later on the secondary memory timings. -1T to all 'different ROW/bank' settings (tRTW, tWTR(d), tWTW(d), tRTR(d)) and add tRTP=3. This will get you to nice over 9000MB/s read speeds and 9500MB/s write/copy.

Hope that helps.
        "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
        http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
        X