Asus P5Q-E and f2-8500CL5-4GBPI-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5Q-E and f2-8500CL5-4GBPI-B

Hello, im new in the forum im looking forward to solve my problem. i will try to describe it as better as i can, so here i go.

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E, CPU iNTEL e8400, PSU corsair 750w, Video ATi 6790HD and the RAM f2-8500CL5-4GBPI-B.

ok so I decided to upgrade my memory to run at 1066, looking for best memory available and Gskill was my decision due to good experience with it. So i bought this ram and then decided to do OC. my current system is stable for 3 weeks 24/7.
    detail.

WITH TWO STICKS OF RAM:
    CPU current clock 3.83mhz

CPU RATIO: 9.0
    FSB FREQ: 425
    PCI-E FREQ : 100
    FSB STRAP TO NORTH BRIDGE: 400
    DRAM FREQUENCY: 1133MHZ
    DRAM VOLTAGE: 2.10

Latest BIos on Motherboard.

So the system was running great, so after 3 weeks of 24/7 with out a single problem I decided to buy a second pair of this memory's. so i can have 8GB total RAM. but now the problem shows up. i cant manage to find a configuration to have the four slots running at 1133mhz.

if i leave the settings as i mention above for the four sticks the computer boots, but unstable, cant boot in to windows nor can do a new installation of windows. btw Im running windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

the only way i was able to boot, is to set the FSB STRAP TO NORHT: 333, and DRAM FREQ TO 1022mhz (it was 20 something cant remember the exact number) so after many different tries i gave up and removed the two sticks.

right now im running only with 4gb (two sticks) . The configuration mention above are the only settings i change on the mainboard. i don't know about timing or anything else.

i would like to have my 8 gb's RAM running at 1133mhz and the cpu as it is right now at 3.83mhz. If any expert can guide me in the right direction.

thanks.

To OC the sticks with two sets, are going to need to raise the DRAM voltage about + 0.1 from spec and also raise the NB voltage prob around 0.07 also may want to post up your DRAM timings, particulary the advanced timings, am guessing tRFC is going to be low

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

the timing is set to auto in the bios so i guess are the defaults of the memory.
      the package of memory's says CL5-5-5-15.

i don't have experience of changing the timing. what are the steps to do so?

Comment

here are the settings for my bios running with 4gb of RAM. if i try to use this same settings with the 8gb of ram (four sticks) it dont work.
        Attached Files

Comment

In the advanced timings looks like it sets to 52 for the tRFC try that at 88

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well i did what you suggested. my board only allowed me to set the tRFC to 85 that was the closer number to your suggestion.

still i wast not able to boot in to windows. then i did more changes, increase little DRam volt to 2.3 and still not luck. what i ended up doing was to lower my FSB FREQ to 420 and this set the memory's to 1119mhz for the 4 sticks, and lowered my CPU speed to 3.74 that isn't that bad, i would prefer the 3.84mhz as i was with the two sticks, and i was able to boot in to windows now.

i think im happy with this result, i left the tRFC as you suggested. Im gonna run some benchmarks tomorrow and i post the results.

Comment

Keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X