RAM issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM issue

So I just 2 sticks of RAM today. I've already got 2 sticks in there, 2 GB a piece, and I've had four sticks of 2 GB in there before a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine, but today. I plug them in, and it either won't get past the POST screen without restarting, or it'll freeze booting into Windows, either at the Starting Windows screen, or after it, it will just black screen. I've never succefully gotten into Windows with the new RAM. I've tried all my different slots, and just using a stick of the new ram in a slot that the old RAM was in, and it still does the same exact thing. Any tips?

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP-43UD-3L
    CPU: C2D E8400
    RAM: F2-6400CL5S-2GBNT (my old RAM is DDR2 800 also.)

Does the old DRAM have the same timings? Take the same voltage? What are the old ones (model preferably or just the base specs). Off hand I'd say the new sticks in slots 1-3, the old in 2-4, base timings to 5-5-5-15, DRAM voltage to 1.85 to start and check the NB voltage, raise it + 0.06 from current setting and see what happens

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah, it's the same voltage, and I'm pretty sure the same timings. I'll double check just to make sure.

Comment

Give 'em a try and let me know!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, that fixed it. I do appreciate the help.

Comment

No problem, keep in touch..

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X