X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
    GSkill,
    In your above post you ask if there are issues at 800 - asked and answered

"Hi, i updated bios to f5 but still unstable whit timings in auto mode even whit 5-5-5-15 2.1 command rate 2.(in auto mode on 800 works fine)"

Once again what does it matter if it's fine at 800? This is advertised as 1066, so one would assume it is in fact 1066, not OCed 800 and..... hopefully meets JEDEC Standards (JESD208, November 2007)....Yes..No?

You ask if each stick has been tested individually - already asked

"Have you tried testing each stick individually with memtest, may have a bad stick."

You suggest raising the NB - already suggested

" If both test good you might kick up the NB a tick or two, if that doesn't help try loosening the timings to 6-6-6-18, then if stable, try tightening the timings one at a time i.e. 5-6-6-18, then 5-6-6-17, etc"

It helps to read the thread before jumping in and just duplicating what has been said/suggested - especially one like this that has been running for almost 2 weeks and GSkill is just now jumping in

Again, I don't consider this bashing, as Joe Friday used to say 'Just the Facts.....'

Tman
    Not that I am against the idea of getting correct timings, but I think the idea of having 800Mhz here is that when the person can reboot to any functional clock he can test it through MemTest86+ and know, if the memory is actually bad. I am sure G.Skill didn't mean keep the memory or run the memory at 800Mhz. Of course it matters all the hard work tweaking to functional 1066Mhz and then figuring that there's an bad memory stick in box would be even more disappointing process.

and I happen to know that 2 sticks of PI-B will go to spec under 1066Mhz. So, problem might actually be in one of the memory sticks since even the 6-6-6-18 failed as far I readed. Although, that is probably too high tRC.
    Last edited by genetix; 07-08-2009, 12:45 AM.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Just trying to figure out the situation because I didn't quite understand. I did miss the 800 part, but the reason I ask is because I'm trying to make sure he doesn't have defective sticks. Does not mean the situation is resolved or anything, just trying figure out his situation. I repeated the NB because it doesn't seem like he has tried. It is my temporary suggestion to him, since I am still "feeling the water" on his issue. You help him your way, I'll help him my way. There's no need for a person to critique another person's responses. We are all in to help the original poster with their issue.

I don't consider this bashing. Bashing is when every thread where someone has a problem, there are automatic posts of negative opinion about G.Skill Support simply based on previous experience.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I was a bit hot last night after being accused of bashing GSkill, and it being said it was based on past performance of GSkill staff, then I hit this post, where it apparently wasn't read through, since it was already said that it ran fine at 800.........so.why ask and go through it again. That was my issue in this post...not past issues, this one in particular, which is also why I pointed out the the other points already addressed.

I always advocate testing each stick individually and realize that many users don't have the fortune that I, Genetix, and GSkill have of having multiple systems available to make testing even easier. But I also lean towards the testing be done at the rated speeds and specs (timings). If you have to drop the speed to run tests such as memtest...okay...but that still isn't definitive as to good or bad, only that it will run at the lower speed. In particular with RAM over 800, it often will run fine at lower speeds, but it is quite possible it barely met QA testing standards (if tested) and is indeed bad at the rated speed.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X