Optimal Settings for my system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal Settings for my system?

Hello. All. I have been running my q6600 @ 3.6GHZ @ 8 x 450FSB (1800FSB on q6600) on my P5K-Premium (Black Pearl) the past few months without any problem. My G.SKILL memory is also running @ 1200MHZ (4 sticks 8GB total)( timings 5,6,6,17,52, 2T @ 3:4 FSBRAM)
    I would like to know if it is better to run the system @ 9 x 400FSB and the memory @1200FSB to as to have 1:1 ratio.
    In other words is it better to have 1:1 ratio and 1200Mhz memory but lower FSB (400 instead of 450FSB).
    I have opted for 450FSB since the q6600 cores communicate through FSB and i thought that this way i provide more FSB bandwidth. I could be wrong though....
    Any comments/suggestions are highly appreciated .

There are people that will argue both sides, many are gard core of going 1:1 and on the other hand many that want want pull the most out of the CPU/FSB that they can. I lean towards the latter optint towards the higher CPU OC, though I try to go to the highest FSB while maintaining the highest the highest multiplier, with a good CPU cooler you should be able to run the Q6600 at 4.0 or better opposed to the lower 3.6

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X