No announcement yet.

F2-6400CL5D-8GBPQ on Asus P5Q Pro Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you post your current BIOS settings, will try to see if anything looks out of whack

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Are you referring to the settings for the RAM in my bios? Otherwise I am not overclocking at the moment, and everything is pretty much set to default auto.

Under RAM, I set the timings to what this website said would work, and i also tried to place the timings to auto.

What bios settings are you specifically looking for? There is a lot of settings in there and would be very time consuming to copy it all down, unless there is a way to make a snapshot of them.

Comment

The base and secondary/advanced DRAM timings, the system voltages (i.e. DRAM, vCore (CPU), the CPU/NB, etc)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

A = AUTO

Info you requested:

Ai Tuner = A
          CPU Ratio Setting = A
          FSB Strap to N Bridge = A
          DRAM Frequency = A

DRAM Timing Control:

1st = 5-5-5-18-3-78-5-3

Cas Lat = 5
          Ras to Cas = 5
          Ras Precharge = 5
          Ras Activate Recharge = 15
          Ras to Ras = A
          Row Refresh Cycle Time = A
          Write Recovery = 5
          Read to Precharge = A

2nd = 8-3-6-4-6-4-7

Read to Write Delay (S/D) = A
          Write to Read Delay (S) = A
          Write to Read Delay (D) = A
          Read to Read (S) = A
          Read to Read (D) = A
          Write to Write (S) = A
          Write to Write (D) = A

3rd Info = 15-5-1-7-7

Write to Pre = 15
          Read to Pre = A
          Pre to Pre = A
          All Pre to Act = A
          All Pre to Ref = A

DRAM Static Read Control = A
          DRAM Read Training = A
          Mem OC Charger = A
          Ai Clock Twister = Light
          Ai Transaction Booster = A

All CPU Voltage settings are on Auto

DRAM Voltage = 1.90
          NB Voltage 1.22
          SB Voltage = A

Comment

Might try tRFC (Row Refresh Cycle Time) = 86, DRAM voltage 1.93, NB voltage 1.27

Tman

Comment

Alright, Ill try those settings. Ill get back to you after a time.

Comment

Whenever you get to it, I'm in and out every day

Tman

Comment

You know, I have tried everything, researched online etc, and these RAM are still not stable. They are simply not compatible with this motherboard. I have tested the RAM with MemTest86, and the RAM is fine.

I checked the Asus P5Q-Pro Qualified RAM list in the manual, and these RAM are not listed there. The ones that are listed are:

G.SKILL F2-6400CL6D-8GBNQ DDR2 800 8192MB(Kit of 2) 6-6-6-18

Now I went by what your website said under your "RAM Configurator". Your website shows as as the ones I got, F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ (2Gx4), are listed for the Asus P5Q-Pro Turbo.

As I stated, I had a pair of Corsairs in my system beforehand, and everything was stable, and there is nothing wrong with my other components as ive tested those as well.

As you know, I have placed a lot of time and effort, (and frustration I might add, when my system crashed in the middle of a gaming session) to get these GSkill RAM to work, with all your suggestions. As you can see, I have been very patient.

These are simply not compatible with this Motherboard, as they are not working well with it. I have tried my partners ram (Corsairs) and my system ran stable.

So I am extremely dissapointed in GSkill, as I spent quite a bit of money on this RAM. About 150.00 dollars. I trusted what your website said about these RAM to work for this Motherboard.

What bothers me the most, is that I contacted these support forums within a few days I purchased the RAM.
                  Last edited by zeron2; 01-12-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Not sure if it's a problem with the sticks, the mobo, the BIOS or the CPU, but the sticks should work fine with the mobo. If GSkill's configurator shows them as good, it means they tested athem with the mobo at the rated speed (unlike how the mobo makers test, see my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

I've worked on a number of P5Q Pros and many have had their own little idiosyncrasies, sorry I couldn't help

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X