Dell Latitude D630 Diagnostics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Latitude D630 Diagnostics

I have a Dell Latitude D630 and have been running 2 - 2GB G.Skill Memory F2-5300CL5D-4GBSA for the past 9 months.
    My video card died and I got another D630 off of Ebay. I put the G.Skill RAM in my new D630 and ran the onboard BIOS diagnostics on it and during the memory portion one stick failed on the "C" portion. There were many other tests that it passed but this one it failed on. A message pops up when it fails to call Dell for a replacement.
    Out of curiosity I ran memtest.com diagnostics and it passed with flying colors.

I haven't had any BSOD's or anything else while running this RAM stick.
    My question is whether I should try another program to see if the RAM is bad or should I trust the Dell BIOS diags?

Is there a "supported" diagnostic utility that G.Skill recommends to check RAM?

Thanks

If it passed Memtest, I's say you're good, it may fail Dell's diagnostics for a couple of reasons, they want you to buy upgrades and replacements from them. Not as much now as in the older systems, but they would have DRAM, even HDs that were set to use slightly irregular settings that were geared towards their systems purposefully. If you have Win 7 could run Memory diagnostics, but think the sticks are good

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X