Cannot seat memory in motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot seat memory in motherboard

I just purchased a 2GB kit (2x1GB sticks) F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS of DDR400 PC3200 memory. But when I try to install them onto an Asus P4P800 motherboard, I cannot get them completely into the connectors on the motherboard. I've used considerable force, but the memory modules won't seat fully into the slots.

(Yes, the single alignment pin & slot are properly aligned, etc. The memory slides into the connectors but just never fully inserts deep enough to make electrical connection.)

Is there a problem with the heat sinks binding up in some of the motherboard connectors? Is this a known problem with the Asus motherboards?

FYI, the Kingston memory that these are replacing also take lots of force to get them inserted fully, but they DO go in.

Anything I can do other than return the memory for a refund? Any other CAS 2.5 DDR400 memory that you sell without the heat sinks, if that's the problem?

Thanks,

W T W

Could try using compressed air in the slot to make sure nothing floated in there...ensure the clips are in the fully open position...might even try without the heatsink.....they aren't really needed for 400

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I've re-inserted the old Kingston memory, so the slots weren't blocked/clogged. Also I couldn't get the GSkill to go into either slot-unlikely that both were blocked. And I tried with the clips fully open, partially closed, etc., to see if that was the problem. No luck.

If I remove the heatsinks, will that invalidate the possibility of return/RMA (I know it will to the store where I bought them.) Any tips on how to remove them without damaging the chips or the circuit board?

Thanks again,

W T W

Comment

You should not need to remove them. They are still standard size and should plug right in. Post some pictures and we can see what's going on.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X