• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks
    Merry X'Mas to all

G.S

Comment

I am going to add another stick of F1-3200phu1-1gbns to my system. I know you stated that you would not guarantee that three will run stable, do you have any suggestions as to what timing and voltage i should try ?

Comment

you could keep the settings default
        it should work fine
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks, i will give it a try

Comment

Hi guys all that hard work getting F1-3200phu1-1gbns sticks to run on my Biostar motherboard went up in smoke last week. I was in a bind and had to replace the board with an e-machine FIC K7M-NF18G (AU31). I am not sure what the default memory voltage is and there is no option to change voltage in the bios. I am running some old DDR333 memory now, do you think the F1-3200phu1-1gbns stick's that i have will work ?
            Last edited by Wildman95gst; 02-23-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

the standard memory voltage for DDR are all the same
              there is no need to change it since it's not overclocking model
              we don't have this board in hand to actually test, but for the spec, it should work on this board
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks for looking into my problem, i shut system down removed old ram, installed 2 sticks of F1-3200phu2-1gbns, set timing to 2.5-3-3-8 @ DDR333 and all is good
                Last edited by Wildman95gst; 03-09-2009, 02:30 AM.

Comment

I am a little bit confused, i was running my timing at 2.5-3-3-8 since my system shut down without warning. At this setting my system does not act stable, when i set my bios to optimal settings on system, the memory timing goes to 2.5-3-3-5 and my system runs very smooth and stable

Comment

Hey Wildman, longtime no hear,

The 3-3-8 may have been a bit loose, if it's stable at 3-3-5, I'd say just stay with it. The shutdown may have been caused by a number of things. Do you have the latest BIOS loaded?

Is this the same system you had trouble with back in Apr or so?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yea things have been going ok until last week. Yes this is the same system, a new bios for
                      the FIC K7M-NF18G (AU31) motherboard is about as hard to find "Waldo" and "Big Foot". Not sure what version i have installed but had to do some searching and found the latest out there on an an old e-machine website. The system has not crashed or shut down anymore since that faithful day in April. I was just confused why my system ran more stable with memory timing that was tighter than looser. I ran memory read and write test's on my system changing the settings from 3-3-5 to 3-3-11 and 2.5-3-3-8 gave me the highest scores, this is why i was using those settings. But lately i have been having small glitches like web pages taking longer to open, flash light popping up when i try to access my hd, icons on windows start only having a folder and not the windows icon. When i set everything in my bios to optimal and auto everything works fine but slower.

Comment

would you like to change it to the original BIOS?
                        and is there any sub timing to set?
                        thanks

G.S

Comment

May have been a glitch with the 3-3-8, could try it back, or even 3-3-7.
                          Also, have you checked WinPatrol for any new additions to your startup stuff, might also want to empty IE X cache, firefox cache, do a file cleanup, check your page file (maybe increase the size....all these need to be checked on every couple of months or so, because junk will build up and slow the system down. Also a defrag wouldn't hurt.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, the original bios was junk no settings at all and the fsb was locked at 100mhz. I had to flash to this bios (TCB420A) just so that the system would boot with these modules. G.SKILL what do you mean by sub timing ? I will do some deep cleaning again, with both the wife and son surfing on the Intranet all the time, like you say, tons of stuff build up fast.
                            Last edited by Wildman95gst; 05-29-2009, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Give it a shot and get back on if it helps

Have a gud 1 !
                              Tman

Tman

Comment

Ran CCleaner, Malwarebytes', and a full Norton scan they all found something. Increased my page file from 2048 to 3072, i had read that you did not have to set your page file over 2048 if you have 2gb or more of ram. Tried setting the timing to 3-3-6, 7 and 8 but windows acted up so set system to optimal (2.5-3-3-5). All of this seems to have helped, my problem must be this motherboard, it does not like the G.Skill F1-3200GHU2-1GBNS modules, my old Biostar M7NCG 400 ran like a charm no matter what ram you stuck in it. Sure wish i could find another one, i might give my other ram a try they might play together better.
                                Last edited by Wildman95gst; 05-29-2009, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X