Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enable XMP/ manually overclock G.SKILL memory with ASUS Z77 & Ivy Bridge

Someone may not be very familiar with BIOS, and we will show you how to enable XMP with Asus Z77 motherboard here

Before enable XMP, please update with latest version of Motherboard BIOS and clear the CMOS.

OR, you can manually adjust the BIOS as the memory Specification:

Select the DRAM frequency:

Adjust the Timing

Adjust the DRAM voltage

After you adjust/enable XMP profile, make sure that you save the changes & exit.

Also, you can check the DRAM frequency/Timing by CPU-Z
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 06-07-2012, 03:12 PM.

How to update mobo bios without booting? System doesn't boot on asus p8z77-v deluxe with G.skill trident 32GB(4x8GB) mpx.

Comment

Try with a single stick of DRAM in slot 1? If no joy there, try another different stick if available, still no joy, check this thread

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11279

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

With an Asus bios you are supposed to be able to update bios without booting. Check your manual. Download the new bios on another computer and extract it to a USB drive. Plug the USB drive into the white USB 2.0 port. Push the switch to update the bios. It should update without booting. Be sure to set optimized defaults when you boot into bios.
        i7-5930K - Asus X99 Deluxe- 16GB G Skill DDR4-2800 - EVGA GTX 980 Classified -Corsair AX 1200i -4 X Samsung 500GB SSD - XSPC RX360 - Alphacool UT60 360mm - D5 Pump - Phanteks Enthoo Primo Case

Comment

Originally posted by ASUS
          Simple Plug & Press - Hardware-based BIOS Flashback
          A truly revolutionary hardware-based update solution. USB BIOS Flashback offers the most convenient way ever to update the BIOS! It allows users to update new UEFI BIOS versions even without hardware such as a CPU or DRAM installed into the motherboard. Just plug in a USB flash drive containing the BIOS file, and press the BIOS Flashback button for 3 seconds with the power supply connected. The UEFI BIOS will then automatically update without requiring further interaction. With its new, complementary Windows application, users can regularly check for UEFI BIOS updates and download the latest BIOS automatically. Hassle-free updating for the ultimate convenience!
          From this: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...P8Z77V_DELUXE/
          I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Thanx for providing that, should come in handy to many, a nice feature many mobos could use

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Implemented on many ASUS Z77/Z79 boards, mostly higher end and a couple of Z68 boards too. It is a nice feature.
              Last edited by Britton30; 09-05-2012, 07:08 PM.
              I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

re

Hello,

Very nice decsription/write-up

Can you clarify which Ram Module(s) did you actually use for this test?

Did you perform this with these memory specifically?DR3 2800 (PC3 22400) F3-2800C11D-8GTXD ?

Thanks.

Comment

From the looks of the CPU-Z shot at 2800, it looks like it, GSkill will prob be in this evening and can verify

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                    From the looks of the CPU-Z shot at 2800, it looks like it, GSkill will prob be in this evening and can verify
                    I figured this, but then I saw the CPUZ SPD screen, the XMP profile is for 1333 (XMP-2666).

On my 2400 Sp, there is a XMP-1200, I can run it any faster, will try the settings shown though and see. Which means if he used the 2666 Kit and got it to OC to 2800, then i hope I can get my 2400 kit to go to , well maybe 2600.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

F3-2800C11D-8GTXD

MasterPMI,

You may have to raise timings, DRAM voltage, and/or VCCSA Voltage.

As you can see, 2 x 4GB DDR3-2800 CL11, VCCSA is already 1.25V minimum.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Correct.

I set the timings 11-13-13-35 T2
                        Voltage to DRAM 1.65 - VCCSA to 1.25. tried to rais ethese both 1 etetings, so DRAM 1.66 even 1.67 and the VCCSA up to 1.26875 even, and no go.

With the Bus @ 100.0 I can post @ 2400.
                        Pick 2600, can not even post.

Comment

What CPU are you running? 2400 is about tops for a 3570K amd have seen some 3770K that can't go higher either, could try 12-13-13-34, 1.7, with VCCSA 1.25 and VTT 1.21 for 2600/2666

Tman

Comment

re

Sry,

Asus Maximus v Formula Bios 701
                            intel I7 - 3770k @4.6 100x46 right now trying to get the mem to OC.
                            Gskill - Trident X 2400 8GBx4 (2 disabled in Bios while trying to OC.) I can run this at 10-11-11-30 T2 @2400 without issue, when loosening up this I should be able to get higher, but its not happening.
                            OCZ 1250 ZX PSU
                            Win 7 Ult. on 2x OCZ 120GB V3 ssd, raid 0.

Will try this tonight: try 12-13-13-34, 1.7, with VCCSA 1.25 and VTT 1.21 What really bothers me is when it fails, it will not even post and I have to go to the back and reset/clear the Cmos. And then sometimes it ends up deleting my Saved Bios'- thought that is Asus issue. none the less this is when it really upsets me that I paid top dollar for this memory (and the Setup even) and cant get anywhere with it.
                            Last edited by MasterPMI; 10-25-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

DRAM today is not like DRAM of old, especially the higher freq, higher density sticks. Tolerences are very tight and though I've been able to OC just about every set of sticks of GSkill I've had, there have been some that just wouldn't go. That's one reason you are starting to see more sets at somewhat odd freqs i.e. 2600/2666. These days it seems to be best to go with what you'll want or higher, and then if say the CPU can't carry higher (and some 3770Ks can't carry higher than 2400, just like some 3570Ks can't even hit 2400) then you can downclock.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X