X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Model F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC kit compatibility

Hi,
    I have a new 64GB kit:
    G.Skill Trident Z NEO Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM (PC4-28800) DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Quad Channel Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC

I have been trying to get it to fly with:
    An ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 9th Gen) MB.

Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0 GHz Turbo unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W

I got the kit based upon it being listed as "tested" with the MB, here on this site. So far the kit will boot but is not very stable. I am using XMP II settings and those look correct once enabled.

QUESTIONS:
    Can you verify this kit should work with my other HW?

Any ideas on where to go from stock XMP II settings? I really favor stable vs a little more performance via OC.

Thanks,
    LB

Do you have the latest BIOS? Try one module at a time to see if each can work the same or pass memory diagnostics tests.

Comment

Yes, latest BIOS has been applied and is now compatible with Win 11. I can test each module, can you indicate the slot it should go in? Would that be 2 or 1? - Belay that request as slot 2 is the target.

Question:
      I have the following 2 kits and they are different speeds. Roughly, how much of a difference will I notice between the 2 kits, speed wise? The 32GB kit is much faster, but I wonder what it will mean in a real world computing environment? WIll I truly "feel" the difference in speeds, within my PC experience?

KITS:
      NEW 64GB Kit
      G.Skill Trident Z NEO Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM (PC4-28800) DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Quad Channel Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC

OLD 32GB Kit
      G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4266 (PC4 34100) Desktop Memory Model F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR

Thanks,
      LB
      Last edited by LBro; 09-27-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

A2 slot, second slot away from the CPU should be populated for single stick testing.

Depends on what you are doing in your PC experience. If what you are doing requires most bandwidth, then memory frequency is major. But for example if not extremely memory intensive say like browsing the internet and watching videos, both will seem no difference at all.

As far as capacity, everything will be similar til 26GB+ used. At that point the 32GB kit may not perform as well if it does not have sufficient extra capacity to continue running normally with the amount of memory in use. As a result, it is important to have enough RAM capacity so you don't have to worry about closing some things out to make more free space and avoid delays.

Comment

I understand on ram slot A2, but the orientation is wrong in relation to the CPU, as it is the furthest slot away from the CPU per Asus docs:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Ram Loc.png Views:	0 Size:	80.7 KB ID:	167406

Good info on what to expect with the 2 kits and performance. Seems to make sense in what you say.

I found 1 issue. The Ram is very hard to install into the ram sockets used on the mother board. The slots only have a clamp on one side. Thus it is easy to not get the ram fully seated. I put the old kit in and it lit up, plus posted. Yet it had errors. I powered down and checked the ram and one module was above the others a bit. Once all where seated properly, the errors went away and the ram worked fine. I am a bit afraid to test this with the larger capacity Ram, since the old ram kit is running fairly well.

QUESTION - Do you have any idea when a 64GB Ram kit in the 4000 - 4266 speed category will be available?

I will update you once I have more info,
          LB
          Last edited by LBro; 09-28-2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

If a platform is capable of a memory spec we will provide it.

Here is a kit that fits the specifications requested:

https://www.gskill.com/search?keywords=F4-4266C19D-64G

Comment

Hi,
              Not sure, but is the memory you specified 2x32? As far as I know, my motherboard will only take 4ea X 16GB modules max and 64GB total. Could you recommended a kit with those specs?

in looking around I found this kit:
              F4-4266C19Q-64GTES - Would this be compatible with my motherboard? On the QVL it only lists the Z490 and Z590 chipset motherboards. My Z390 is not listed. Would it work with my MoBo and chipset?

Thanks,
              LB
              Last edited by LBro; 09-30-2021, 04:05 AM.

Comment

For that motherboard, best 64GB option is this:

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-64gb-...-246-_-Product

You would need to manually OC and take them upwards of DDR4-4000+

You will have lots of flexibility with adjusting timings and DRAM Voltage.

The DDR4-4266 kit is not recommended as those chips work better with the newer platforms. The DDR4-3600 CL14 kit will optimize your system capability much better. If you need help with BIOS adjustment and set up we will be here.
                Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 09-30-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                  Thanks for the good info!
                  The kit you mention is out of stock and difficult to locate. It is also very expensive. Do you happen to know if more will be in stock soon at Newegg and other suppliers? I may have to wait a bit on this upgrade until such time as there is product. I sure like the CAS Latency on this kit and that must be why they are pricey...

Thanks,
                  LB

Comment

They are top kits so they are in high demand with low quantity. You will need to keep a lookout or place yourself on the auto-notify list so NewEgg can contact you as soon as they are ready to be activated.

Comment

Thanks and have done the auto notify deal. I will be back if I get them, for settings!

Hey, on another note. Is this not the same exact kit, except for the color is GOLD?
                      Model F4-3600C14Q-64GTEGA
                      The price is just $10 more and they are in stock...

All the best,
                      LB
                      Last edited by LBro; 10-01-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Yes, that is correct.

Comment

Ok,
                          Ram is on the way and headed up the West Coast. Should be here soon.

Could you spec out the Ram & pertinante CPU BIOS settings from a starting point of XMP II 3600, in steps up to the speed of 4266? Use as many steps as you think should be taken, if possible.

Thanks a ton for all your help! Excited to see how far this kit can be pushed.
                          LB
                          Last edited by LBro; 10-03-2021, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                            Update on the kit you suggested I get (Model F4-3600C14Q-64GTEGA). It will be here tomorrow (Thursday my time).

I have heard nothing back on setting up the BIOS for both the ram and CPU voltages that are tied to the ram. - See msg #13 above...

I will start with the 3600 speed per XMP II settings. Could you at least let me know the kit OC setting & related CPU voltage settings as a starting point on the very next step up from the 3600 speed, as you suggest?

Thanks for your help!
                            LB
                            Last edited by LBro; 10-06-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

There are many ASUS Z390 OC guides and YouTube videos that you should look into to get a better understanding of what is available and what you will need to do.

The easiest method is to enable XMP, then manually adjust DRAM Frequency to see what values the system can support. Once you find the highest stable DRAM Frequency with XMP, check CPU VCCSA Voltage, then you can manually adjust higher along with DRAM Frequency to see if you can stabilize a higher frequency. If not, you can lower timings to optimize performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X