Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3600C16D-32GVKC not stable at 3600MHz with Ryzen 5000 on X570 Board

Hello there,
    on the 19th of June I ordered parts for a new PC.

Since I built it, I couldn't get the RAM to run at 3600MHz as advertised even though I installed the latest drivers and BIOS version.

Components:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming (BIOS ver. 4021)
    RAM 32GB (2x 16384MB) G.Skill RipJaws V,
    DDR4-3600 DIMM, CL16-19-19-39, Dual Kit,
    F4-3600C16D-32GVKC

I tried loading the XMP/D.O.C.P. Profile and got WHEA Bluescreens when gaming. When turning XMP/D.O.C.P. off everything seems to work just fine.

Memtest86 checked the RAM and found no errors.

While doing research I found out the RAM is on neither QVL of the CPU nor the Mainboard.
    Which could mean something but does not have to.

G.Skill advertised it on it's own QVL for the Mainboard.
    Even when entering my components in the G.Skill configurator the RAM gets advertised.
    So I thought it would be OK.

I read a lot of stuff about overclocking since I am fairly new to this kind of stuff.
    Right now I am running at a frequency of 3266MHz with the XMP/D.O.C.P. timings and voltage (16 CL, 19 tRCDrd, 19 tRCDwr, 19 tRP, 39 tRAS, 1,35V) because the frequencies above where not stable. To be honest I do not know if 3266MHz is stable yet.
    1. Is there any possibility to get the advertised frequency to work with the components I use?
    2. What should I do?
    3. How do you test system stability?
    (For stabilty testing I used different Benchmarks to run over night.
    3DMark Timespy Extreme Benchmark borderless window loop, AIDA64 EXTREME Stability Test, TestMem5, Prime95, Unigine Superposition 1.1 Preset: 1080p Extreme)

Thanks for your help.

1. If the combination is listed on the G.Skill QVL or RAM Configurator, we have tested XMP / DOCP to be capable.

2. Enable DOCP, manually set DRAM Frequency to a lower value such as DDR4-3200 and see if the system is stable. Once you discover the highest DRAM Frequency that can be stable, check CPU SoC Voltage, then consider scaling this up along with DRAM Frequency to see if you can stabilize higher.

Make sure to have modules in slots two and four away from the CPU, A2 B2. You can also test one at a time to see if one performs differently.

3. Several of the tests you mentioned have memory intensive tests so you can try any of them to see if any errors come up or if results are different between each module. Both should have the same exact results so if that is not the case then RMA is recommended.

Comment

1. I hoped you tested the XMP / DOCP Profile, that's why I decided to buy the RAM.

2. When I found a stable frequency, is there a pattern to up the CPU SoC Voltage?
      For example: DDR4-3200 is stable and the next step would be DDR4-3266 so I have to increase the CPU SoC Voltage by 0,005V?
      When looking up the "Zen RamOC Leaderboards" googledoc (I do not know if it's allowed to put the link here, so I refrain that) the stable VSoC for my CPU is somewhere between 1,05V and 1,19V. But sadly noone in that table has the same combination of CPU and RAM as I do.

Yes, the modules are in the right slots as written in the manual of the mainboard.

Comment

my son's pc MSI whit - xmp 4000MHZ 2x32GB cl 18 G.skill Intel mem , bios setup volt 1,4v Click image for larger version

Name:	64GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4 4000Mhz 2x32GB (F4-4000C18D-64GTZR) on AMD 5600x.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	168117

Comment

Working...
        X