No announcement yet.

EP45-UD3P/9800 GX2 Stuck in Boot Loop [HELP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K Thanks, will test in a bit. I'm reinstalling a new fresh copy of Windows 7 to see if that does the trick.

Comment

Let us know, I'll be around, prob thru the evening, will be out for a bit

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I changed the MCH Core to 1.30 and new fresh copy of windows 7 and still the same.

Also, I couldn't find C1E, C2/C2E, C4/C4E and EIST anywhere in my Bios settings.

Comment

Those are in the Advanced BIOS features

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I gave up. I spent 2 days of my life spent I will never get back. I'm going to hook all of my old hardware back up and test the 9800 then I will know 100% it's the UD3P mobo.

Comment

Could well be, it's odd, but at times a couple of components that should play together, just won't. I've run into a few times and it can drive you crazy.

Tman

Comment

Well here is the catch tho, I posted my situation about this to anther forums site and here is what a member said:

This is typical for Gigabyte boards IME. I had a GA-EP45-UD3P that did this and I sent it right back to Amazon for a replacement that didn't do it. I have another computer with a different model Gigabyte board that also does it from time to time. And I have yet a third model that does it, but with less frequency. With this number of boards and Gigabyte's flat out refusal to issue an RMA for the problem, I will no longer buy Gigabyte boards. I've got an MSI in my desktop now and it's completely flawless.

Comment

That may be the answer, they may not have the BIOS tuned to play with some of the graphics cards out there, I know some mobos had problems w/ the GTX 295 when it came out

Tman

Comment

So I hooked up my old motherboard all back up together and the GX2 runs fine on it... I knew it was gonna be like that. I am going to try 1 more thing then I'm finished. I'm gonna install the chip set drivers that I never installed when I was testing it all out.

Comment

Hopefully that will be it, might check the web and see if they have been updated also

Tman

Comment

What updates, the chip sets right?

Comment

Chipsets, drivers, BIOS (if there's a newer one)

Tman

Comment

Ah, gotcha.

Comment

Let us know if it helps

Tman

Comment

I'm not going to mess with it anymore. I got the RMA a few hours ago, am gonna mail it out tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X