Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD ROM not detected after computer is shut down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to swapping components to narrow it down

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Back to swapping components to narrow it down

I dunno what else i can switch out. I'm stumped. I've tried everything. . . like i said, the DVD ROM worked perfectly in the other computer. Lemme give you the specs of everything in my current computer

ASUS M5A95 Motherboard with it's current updated BIOS version

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 106

AMD FX 8120 3.1GHz 8-Core FD8120FRGUBOX Processor Black Edition CPU

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1

500GB hard-drive (Operating System)

2TB hard-drive

Apevia ATX-WA1100W Warlock 1100-Watt ATX Power Supply
      NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard

AMD FX 8350 8-core Processor @ 4.0Ghz

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

2 x XFX R9270X Radeon Graphics Card (Crossfired)

Comment

I found another SATA DVD ROM that i had in my other computer (I have 3). . It i popped in there, it came up, then i shut down the computer. . And turned it on again. . It showed up, and works perfectly (lets see for how long though). . So, i'm wondering if there's somethin wrong with the LG DVD ROM?
        NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

Sounds like it's not initiating itself properly, when first getting juice, may well be dying a slow death as opposed to just not working period

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sounds like it's not initiating itself properly, when first getting juice, may well be dying a slow death as opposed to just not working period
            Yep, it very well could be dying. It's less than a year old though, but it's a cheap thing too. TigerDirect.com has the same model for sale for $16.00. I guess you get what you pay for.

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

LG is normally pretty good, I've used a lot of them and not had any problems

Tman

Comment

LG is normally pretty good, I've used a lot of them and not had any problems
                I agree 100%. . . I've got an LG HD TV, and an LG BluRay DVD Player. . . No problems at all.

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

Might also keep an eye on the Egg, they have their daily deals and generally other sales going on

Tman

Comment

Might also keep an eye on the Egg, they have their daily deals and generally other sales going on

I'm definitly keeping my eye on Newegg. I'm settin here tryin to figure out if there's anything else i can do to speed up my computer even more?

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

List your specs and I'll take a look

Tman

Comment

List your specs and I'll take a look

100watt Power Supply

AMD FX 8120 8-core Processor 3.10 GHz

16.0GB RAM (15.5 Usable) . . Not sure what it's showing this

Windows 7 Professional x64

500GB hard-drive (Operating System)

2TB hard-drive (Extra Storage)

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

Biggest speed boost would come from getting a SATA III SSD (or 2 put into RAID 0) and put the OS and primary apps on it (them)...maybe a single 60 GB,

Tman

Comment

Biggest speed boost would come from getting a SATA III SSD (or 2 put into RAID 0) and put the OS and primary apps on it (them)...maybe a single 60 GB,

Yeah, SSD's? Those are expensive

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

They're heading down to about a buck+ per GB, some 60GB ones have rebates out, bring prices down to the +/- $75 range. Way down from over $180 plus I paid for my early 60GB ones. I've got some 120 GB Snipers in three of my systems, a pair in RAID 0 in my main P67 rig, and those were running about $240 less than a year ago, now they are $170 and very fast. Base boot from power on to ready to go about 15 seconds without the RAID and dual boot, about 24 seconds with them. When I go to start say MS Word, I'll double click - and it's open ready to go, maybe a half to 1 second lag on the first open of a session. After that, it's ready before I move from the mouse to the keyboard
                              Last edited by Tradesman; 03-15-2012, 06:12 PM.

Tman

Comment

They're heading down to about a buck+ per GB, some 60GB ones have rebates out, bring prices down to the +/- $75 range. Way down from over $180 plus I paid for my early 60GB ones. I've got some 120 GB Snipers in three of my systems, a pair in RAID 0 in my main P67 rig, and those were running about $240 less than a year ago, now they are $170 and very fast. Base boot from power on to ready to go about 15 seconds without the RAID and dual boot, about 24 seconds with them. When I go to start say MS Word, I'll double click - and it's open ready to go, maybe a half to 1 second lag on the first open of a session. After that, it's ready before I move from the mouse to the keyboard

WOW. That's pretty dang fast. I really wouldn't mind having a couple of SSDs

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

Working...
                                X