No announcement yet.

rma questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok sounds good i thought u worked for gskill with all the people that u help on here and your very fast responce on here i think they should send u a few different ones to try out and it would help them in the long run thanks for all your help

Comment

Would definitely be nice, I build a fair amount of rigs and upgrade and tune-up many others so I get to play with a lot of sets....big thing for me here is I enjoy helping people and these forums help me keep up with the mobos and CPUs that are out their and how they interact with each other and DRAM. Then when folks come to me, might say...No, you don't want that mobo if you want to run fast sticks, or that CPU can't handle 16 or 32 GB of DRAM, etc A good example would be the AMD FX CPUs, with all the hype AMD was putting out on their BullDozer line, I snagged one of the first FX-8150s available and was extremely disappointed, I haven't really built hardly any AMD systems in the last 3 years or so, but wanted to get my hands on one to see for myself, I sold it off quick at a loss, it was no comparison to the 2500K (and the 2500K was running $30 cheaper), plus people like that AMD CPUs are generally cheaper, but if one wants a performance rig, is it really worth it to maybe save $40-50 then spend 10 or more hours of your time to get it up and running, most people don't really consider the time it might take to get the rig running right. Normally, an Intel system (high end) takes me about half the time or even less to build an Intel rig over an AMD rig, and for me, my time is money when building

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i understand that that is why i went with the intel 2500k cpu now with the 1600 ram that i was running is there a big difference from the 1600 to 2133 is it worth the money to step it up

Comment

Depends on the individual and the budget, I normally build high performance, and for my own systems I go high end and then gradually retire the older ones as I build new for my shop, with today's prices on DRAM there's nowhere near the difference in price between say 1600 to 1866 to 2133, so if you have a few extra bucks, can't hurt to go higher, many folks won't see a difference, but if your into gaming, work with digital imaging, video, big data sets, spreadsheets, CAD, GIS, simulations, etc you can definitely tell a difference.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok sounds good thank you for the help

Comment

No problem, let us know how things go

Tman

Comment

hey tman im getting ready to order the ram now in the 16 gig 4x4g 2133 what set would u go with can u give me a few choices thanks..

Comment

Choices are many, but w/ high performance I'd look to the 2133/CL9 sets, the Snipers, F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR, Ripjaws X F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM, Ripjaws Z F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH or the Ares (just got to play with these) F3-2133C9Q-16GAB. Of the 4 my first two choices would be the Snipers and the Ripjaws X

Tman

Comment

ok thank you once again appreciate all your help

Comment

No problem, let us know what you pick and how you like 'em

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X