Need help w/CPU cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing Mem

Sweet...Had to set to manual before I could change. Seems to run alot smoother...Thx for the simplified version. Appreciate it alot.. Now if I can remember, but the ...says its 1333MHz, but up top it gives the 1600MHz...Is that normal?
    Im really not looking too OC the Pig yet....As long as I can chip away and get these bugs worked out...Raptor 10k isnt too bad...Ill wait for the price on the Solid states to drop before I get one...Then I'll probebly sell. Depends...Kinda getting used to the monster case...Its well worth the money. I run @ 30'C lots of fans...I added a Red led fan on the side...kids love the colors... Had to get an adapter for the USB3 on the front of the case...calls for a 19pin connector, which this mobo doesnt supply. The adapter I got at CoolerMaster for like $4...Loops thru the two hose holes in the rear of case to connect to the rear USB3's
    Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 CPU
    AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4G 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3
    1600 (PC3 12800)
    Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 Series 850-Watt 80 Plus BronzeCertified High Performance PSU
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 932,
    CPU cooler: H80
    300GB WD VelociRaptor 10K RPM 32MB Cache SATA6GB
    EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

Comment

On the 1333 and 1600, where are you seeing that?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Timing Mem

Hi Tman,

Is the Bios ...I see on the top of page Target DRAMM frequency =1600MHz

Down on same page at bottom under GFX Overclocking
        I see Sideport Clock speed =DDR3 1333MHz
        AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
        1600 (PC3 12800)
        Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 Series 850-Watt 80 Plus BronzeCertified High Performance PSU
        EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

Comment

Run CPU-Z under windows and check the memory tab - it will show you your speed and base timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Mem Timings

Hi Tman,
            Hers what I have under CPU-Z
            Type=DDR3 ..................Channel: dual
            Size; 16384MB..............DC mode: Ungaged
            .................................NB Freq. =2006.7 MHz
            Timings:
            Dram Freq 802.7 MHz
            FSB DRAM= 1:4
            CL=9.0
            tRCD=9
            tRP=9
            tRAS=24
            Bank Cycle tRC=39

Is there any option for me to insert a portion of CPU -Z to yoiu to give you a better idea??? Or you tell me what exactly what you need to make the correct evaluation./..Thx again
            Last edited by CCTEK; 12-08-2011, 11:19 AM.
            AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
            1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

That would be right on, 16GB at 1605.4 (your 802.7 at DDR (Double Data Rate) = 1605.4)

Tman

Comment

Thx for the memory

Thx so much for taking the time with everything Tman. You helped me through the new build. I think I may have mentioned before that Ive done around 15 or so builds, all MSI and one bad Gigabyte board. I am so not used to the asus format nor am I used to OC ing.Its also been about five years since my last build. Never really had the need to OC. I like my systems to last...Basically I really dont know enough about OCing, so I know my limitations...Thx for everything...You have gone above and beyound on this one for me. And that goes a long way with me.
                The G.Skill team is tops in my book. Okay one little bit of bad advice with the Sythe cooler(that was from another Tech)...
                When I go into the Oc forums I feel like I am reading another langauge...
                You have made things very simple for me and thats appreciated greatly.

Have a wonderful Christmas and stay safe over the holidays...

Tek
                AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
                1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

Tek,

Glad all is well, I know it can be daunting to head into unfamiliar areas, but just have to press on....the terminology changes, and while the basics of the system(s) change some, the biggie to me anyway is keeping up with the new changes from one architecture to the next (i.e. MC Memory Controller voltage was the NB, then the NB or the CPU/NB, then they add Qpi/VTT and QPI/DRAM, the VTT and VCCIO....
                  The thing here though is people learn some new stuff, and hopefully, when they run into people having problems they can help them out or tell them to check in here, and we'll do what we can.

You enjoy the system and have a good holidays!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X