Can I Get More Out of Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Get More Out of Them?

Hello..I read many of the threads here as well as the reviews at NewEgg (which convinced me to purchased these) and it seems that I can probably squeeze a little more out of this setup. What settings should I tweak and should I worry about overheatiing?

ASUS M4A79XTD
    AMD Athlon II X4 630
    Sniper F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR x2 (16gb)

The MoBo auto detected and shows the timings as advertised...9-9-9-24.

Thanks for any help.

Some of my new favorite sticks, not positive with your rig. Might start by benching Passmark has a free 30 day trial and benches the whole system) as is to get a base line at spec setup

Then I'd try changing only the CR (Command Rate) to 1N (default is prob at 2N
    Next would be 8-8-8-24 w/ CR at 2N (or skip straight to 1N
    then 7-7-7-21 (will prob need 2N at this, but can try 1N)

Next you can try up or down i.e. could try and think maybe hit 1500 at 9-9-9-27 2N (may have to go 1.55 DRAM voltage and may have to raise CPU/NB a bit also

or possibly go 1200 at 6-6-6-20 @ 1.5

Should give you some ideas, I was able to run the 16GB up over 1600 at CL9 but don't think the AMDs controller can handle it w/ 16 and may be a real push w/ even 8GB

If you need any additional help, drop a line, I'll be in and out all weekend

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the advice and the super fast response. I have not tried the settings you suggest but I have ran both Passmark tests including the burn in. I really like the burn in test and will be purchasing it when the trial expires. Thanks for telling me about it. If I have any questions while trying the settings you recommend, I will post it here. Thanks again.

Comment

No problem, if you like to sqeeze the best out of your DRAM etc, this is a good bench tool, you'll be able to set up a baseline and try different things, and while checking those results, can also see if it affects other things adversely.

Well, let us know how all goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X