Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats with the uber security to post here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, i want faster ram.

I am going to start pushing my rig abit and my ram seems..........slow, not that i could tell in my day to day activites but benchmarking it could be better. Glad i never bought another set. Its not that they are bad, they work as they should and no issues with doing that-good job Gskill

I want something very aggressive and i want 4gigs of it, under 300$ lol. If i could lower this ram to say 1333 or lower but tighten (im sure easyer said than done) timings could i come close to vanailla highest speed ram.

link to pic (sorry admin. but its easyer this way for me), no plugs, just easyer lol.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=184850

Threres a few more pics farther down the page, i was showing off my new H70 cpu cooler.

I want to get to 4ghz stable for everyday use, will replace the proc with a new one when it frys in a year or two, will be obsolite anyways

Thanks.

Comment

Could try dropping your sticks to 1333, and try 7-8-7-22, CR 2N. Not sure what set you have, am guessing F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL, if so and all is at stock may have to kick the DRAM voltage to 1.525 or 1.55. Another help would be to OC abit (sounds like that's what your up to anyway) and raise the CPU/MC and or HT voltage just a tad.

If set on a new set, I'd go 2000 or so and possibly lower the speed a bit and tighten timings. Having the 2000 (or higher) will also help future proof the purchase if you are looking to upgrade in a year or so, hopefully AMD will raise their bar (beef up their Memory Controllers) on dealing with faster sticks. Might look to the newer PIS series of sticks.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks i will try to losen the timings first befor buying new ram, not sure if 2000 will work on my mobo, 1866-ish advertised as overclockable but 1600 max stated on the box, but you know more than i do about this but could you elaborate for me

ill get to work on the ram i have and see if i can speed it up some, ill shoot for the posted numbers

Comment

Thing is if you buy faster RAM, you can often drop the speed a little and tighten the CL and base timings and the sticks can outperform the native speed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

...protip i just learned on the OC.net forums

take the "ultra durable" and "gigabyte" covers off your northbridge and mosfets heatsinks for better airflow = cooler NB = more overclock! mwahahahaa

Comment

Make sure you have a good airflow/circulation path through your case w/ good fans (maybe 90+ CFM)

Tman

Comment

3 140mm fans.. 1 120mm.. an 80mm near my graphics and push/pull on my cpu.. its fairly kewl.

Comment

Working...
                X