Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme4 and Trident X Series F3-1600C7Q-32GTX

Hi E1,
    Just bought an Asrock Extreme4 and i3770k....I was hoping someone could tell me which ram would be best.....it's more of a workstation than a gamer. I'm also running dual 660 tis, in SLI.
    I was looking at the Trident X Series 4x8gb (32gb 1600)....is there something in the same price range that would better suit this build? I think the Trident is around 300.00....any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Dave

The Tridents would be great, that's exactly what I've been running in my EX4 with the 3570K, with the 3770K, if it's in the budget could even kick up to the 2666 set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

think I could handle 2666?!

thanks for the quick reply...I don't know anything about oc'ing.......I'd be down for the 2666, but is it something I can do without a whole lot of experience in this field? I've been reading these posts for a couple weeks...you guys know your stuff....

Comment

Can't go wrong with the DDR3-1600 CL7 TridentX kit for ivy bridge. You might gain some performance with faster memory in certain use cases, but there also is a fair chance those sticks do 1866 and even 2133 with relaxed timings. However memory overclocking on ASRock Extreme4 is can be a bit tricky at times, especialy for DDR3-2133. So it helps if you know how to get timings right. The advantage of the faster kits is, all you need to do is activate XMP and you're done. Worth it? Decide that yourself.

(in Germany the price difference between the 1600, the 1866 and the 2133 kit is only a few bucks)
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

thanks emissary.....
          would there be a noticeable difference between
          ripjaws x 1866 9-10-9-28,
          ripjaws z 1866 9-9-9-24,
          ripjaws z 2133 11-11-11-31, and the
          trident 1600 7-8-8-24? it'll mostly be used for CAD work....sorry, trying to learn as I go...I know that the cas plays a part in the performance....

Comment

Noticeable is hard to say, as it depends on your perception and daily computer use.

However if you don't pay too much of a price premium for it over the slower kits, i would probably go with a faster one, like the TridentX F3-2133C9Q-32GTX or RipJawsX F3-2133C9Q-32GXH. The impact on performance won't be massive however, so if you can get one of the alternatives substantially cheaper, go for it... (I'd personally prefer RipJawsX and TridentX over RipJawsZ, but the F3-1866C9Q-32GZH should be a solid pick as well).
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

done! thanks tradesman and emissary....I really appreciate the input.....have a great week!

1 x ($309.99) G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C9Q-32GTX

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

holy crap.....it's faster and all I did was plug them in...it says they're still at 1333.....any chance you can screen shot me how to boost them in the uefi? I activated xmp1....is that it?

Comment

Yes, XMP 1 or XMP 2 activate.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X