X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user - memory problem.

I recently purchased this motherboard:
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal...0Professional/

And got 4 pieces of this memory: F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ (4 pcs DDR3-1600 1GB)

However, the website claims to support this memory instead: F3-12800CL7D-2GBHZ

I took a chance knowing this difference.

I never overclock, I always run things at default, so I got the fastest default the board will do - 1600MHz. The following is the best description I can recall when I installed the memory.

It powers up (fans, etc), but no display. A few seconds later, it cuts itself off again for a bit, then fires back up. Again, no display, then cuts off again. Time lengths I estimate about 5 seconds running, cuts off for 2 seconds, then continues in that cycle.

I'm running the board with a couple old DDR3-1333 Kingston sticks, just to have it work. It does work, but it's not letting me use the new memory. I have no other boards that support the new G.Skill memory either, so that's out.

Can someone guide me through setting the BIOS to the proper setting so I can get this new memory to work? I figure if I can set the BIOS values, I can power the unit off when it's in reboot to quickly switch out the memory. If it'll actually work with the board. Anyone care to take the time to show a non-tweaker how to tweak the board to work with the memory I have? (Meaning, suggested values for this memory.)

To restate, I'm using 4 pieces 1GB sticks, part number F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ
    I should note that even though the board is less than 2 weeks old, I haven't yet attempted to flash the BIOS. Haven't been able to, really. And the new G.Skill memory only came in 2 days ago (From Newegg).
    Last edited by DreadStorm; 07-13-2013, 12:30 AM.

Sounds like 2 sets of 2x1GB sticks, it's never a good idea to mix sets, even of the same model, XMP won't work (it's programmed by the packaged set), if still with in the return period would suggest exchanging for a 2x2GB set...other wise, may want to raise the DRAM voltage to 1.55 and possibly the MC (memory controller) voltage appr 0.03

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X