TridentX 2400 compatible with new ASUS Maximus 6 Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TridentX 2400 compatible with new ASUS Maximus 6 Hero

I looked at the QVL list and saw that with the Z87 Maximus Gene and Extreme were on the list, but not the Hero. Since it is a pretty new board, I wasn't sure if the site isn't updated or if it isn't on the list. The reason I ask, is that I ordered a 2x8 GB of the 2400 Mhz memory from Newegg yesterday as part of their pre-4th deal. It was a pretty good price.

This is the setup I have (and haven't put together yet):

Phantom 410 Red
    ASUS Maximus 6 Z87 Hero
    2 x 8 GB TridentX 2400 Mhz DDR3
    Samsung Pro 128 GB 840 series
    Corsair 650 W TX PSU
    1 TB Black WD storage drive
    i5-4670K CPU

Should be no problem, the QVLs are pretty worthless, they 'test' at the mobos default, so even if they were on the list, all it would mean is they run at the mobo default of 1333 or 1600 - they don't test at the spec freq...can see more on my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yea, I definitely read that thread first, while waiting on the gskill mod to answer the PM I sent. The part I don't get is where do I go to read where the Hero Mobo was testing with the 2.4 Ghz memory, or is there nowhere? I didn't buy the i7 mainly because of the price, but I didn't think I would need it in order to unlock the full potential of this memory. I plan to keep it at the stock of 2400 until I am ready to overclock everything. It looks like this mobo only supports 2800 on the OC, so that will be the goal, but I have A LOT of research to do before delving into that.

Comment

Keep us updated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X